Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Whats for dinner?

I need some ideas.. I've hit a 'dry spell' for inspired meals. Im trying to get all these orders done, and juggle the family duties. What are you having for dinner. Inspire me!

Post Thanks / Like
    We are having cheese meatloaf mash potatoes and corn for dinner
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

3. Likes Graciegirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We went with potato soup.

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had an internet-found recipe called Cheesy Hamburger Hash. My husband is wild about it.

1 pound lean ground beef
    1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
    1 bag (1 pound, 4 ounces) refrigerated diced potatoes with onion....I do it with peeled and chunked red potatoes
    1 can (14.5 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
    1 and 1/2 cups shredded cheddar
    2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped

Cook ground beef in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned. Drain any fat off. Remove beef from skillet.

Melt butter in same skillet. Add the potatoes** see note, cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
    Stir in beef, tomatoes, and Italian Seasoning. Cook until thoroughly heated through.

Sprinkle with cheese and parsley, cover and heat until cheese is melted.

** Note: I cook my potatoes separately then add them along with the rest of the ingredients, the browned beef, tomatoes, and seasoning - let them get heated through then add the cheese on top with the parsley.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

7. Likes crochet4fun, Graciegirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That looks delicious Poinciana! Definitely adding it to next weeks grocery list!

A bit more inspired today.. the snow is melting, but its still so hard to pull the wagon through it. I need comfort food! So Im making crock pot sweet and sour chicken that I saw on 'The Chew'..

Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe - Clinton Kelly - The Chew

Mmm... easy and looks yummy! I think broccoli and rice for sides.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to give you my cheese meatloaf recipe lastnight but my hubby needed me to help him so here it is

2 pounds lean ground beef
    16 saltine crackers
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    garlic (sorry I have never measured and do not always use the same kinds some times I use garlic salt some times chopped garlic)
    1 cups cheese (cubed) my kids like pepper jack but I like marble
    1/2 small onion diced
    1 cup steak sauce you can use bbq sauce too if you like, I change it up every now and then

mix all ingredience and bake at 350 for 45 minutes but check to make sure that its cooked in the center
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Graciegirl View Post
    That looks delicious Poinciana! Definitely adding it to next weeks grocery list!

A bit more inspired today.. the snow is melting, but its still so hard to pull the wagon through it. I need comfort food! So Im making crock pot sweet and sour chicken that I saw on 'The Chew'..

Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe - Clinton Kelly - The Chew

Mmm... easy and looks yummy! I think broccoli and rice for sides.
    Great recipe...it's on my-to-do-list, Graciegirl. Thanks for the link.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MsBhaven View Post
    I was going to give you my cheese meatloaf recipe lastnight but my hubby needed me to help him so here it is

2 pounds lean ground beef
    16 saltine crackers
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    garlic (sorry I have never measured and do not always use the same kinds some times I use garlic salt some times chopped garlic)
    1 cups cheese (cubed) my kids like pepper jack but I like marble
    1/2 small onion diced
    1 cup steak sauce you can use bbq sauce too if you like, I change it up every now and then

mix all ingredience and bake at 350 for 45 minutes but check to make sure that its cooked in the center
    Meatloaf is my husband's favorite food, other than those dang grits, LOL! (He's a Tennessee dude, for sure, but he doesn't have a beard like those Duck Dynasty guys...LOL)) He could eat meatloaf and grits everyday and never complain. I'm going to fix him your meatloaf recipe this week and I have a hunch he'll go crazy over this meatloaf! Thanks ever so much for the recipe!

We had Virginia ham steaks, mashed potatoes and broccoli for supper tonight. It was quite satisfying and yummy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight i was chicken breast with a peppery & sweet sauce, Baked potatoe, fresh bread sticks I made and mixed veggies also fresh (carrots, beans, onions, broccoli) Jello.
    Monday: Taco Hot Dish I got on line FOOD Channel. Side salad with freh crotons & cukes & tomatoe with homemade vinnegrite.
    Tuesday: Homemade Potatoe soup and 1/2 roast beef sandwich with lettuce & tomatoe, Pudding ( choc. homemade)
    Wed: Salmon with lemon & butter (pan) Mashed potatoe & sweet potatoe, Cauliflower, peas, carrots (frozen) Choc. Cake (store)
    Thurs. Hamb with Bacon for hubby and pineapple on inside grill, oven fries& sweet ones, Baked homemade Beans,coleslaw
    Fri: Pizza (papa murphys) Sat: eat out Sun: Open as Im on STRIKE hehe. WHATS ON your PLATES HUGS & Have FUN

Post Thanks / Like
    Goodness, Susan, you are so efficient! <<teasing you>>

That's a nice week of menus.