Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from BJ Alston

Hello, I'm BJ. I live in Maryland, have 11 grandchildren and 2 great grands. I enjoy knitting, crocheting, sewing, cooking and I dabble a bit in drawing. I have been with the Federal government for over 38 years now. I enjoy helping others whenever I can. This forum looked tempting, and I was eager to join another forum. You can learn so much here.

2. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! I am Larisa doily maker.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

4. Likes seashells_Shelly, Mahibbe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi BJ. Welcome. I'm Shelly (real name Michele) from Lancaster Co., PA. Live with hubby and 2 longhair dachshunds. Have two grown kids and 5 grandchildren, 3 girls and 2 boys. It's very nice to join another yarn lover to this bunch of knowledgeable brilliant yarn lovers. There are a lot of forums here so just jump in and say whatever you'd like. I am sure with all of your experience, you'll be able to help a lot of us who have questions. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa, have you posted pics of your doilies? If you have, I've missed them and I'm sorry. I'd love to see your doilies. My great-grandmother made many doilies and I remember visiting her and seeing doilies on furniture and tables everywhere. She passed before I wanted to learn to crochet. I missed out on being able to learn from a wonderful craftswoman. She even made a tablecloth of The Last Supper that was just beautiful but I never found out what happened to it when I got older and asked my Mom about it. Now mom has been gone for 11 years now but she knitted but never could crochet. I guess I would just love to see your doilies so it would remind me of my great-grandmother (I was 12 when she passed.) HUGS, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from BJ Alston-dsc05908-jpgHello from BJ Alston-dsc00752-jpgHello from BJ Alston-dsc00014-jpgHello from BJ Alston-dsc09809-jpgHello from BJ Alston-dsc07276-jpgHello Shelly! You are so kind. here are some pictures. I prefer filet doileis these days. Have a good day==Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

8. Likes angie22, seashells_Shelly, Ginnie256 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

Nice to have you in the forum! Please make yourself at home here! There are lots of good resources listed on site and this is a friendly group of people who love to help! Thanks for joining us and we look forward to learning more about you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Larisa, your work is beautiful You are so talented doing such intricate work. Yep, it reminds me of my great-grandmother's doilies. Even as a child when I got a chance to watch her, I saw how perfect she was with each stitch. Thank you so much for giving me the memories of Grammy. HUGS, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Shelly for your good words! I prefer to make filet doilies these days! Have a good day == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

12. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Shelley we live in the same county. I am in Elizabethtown. It is nice to meet you. I knew how to crochet since I was 9 but got back into it in my mid to late 20's when I was very short on money for Christmas and had plenty of yarn. I made alot of gifts and now it is a bit of a tradition with me to make something for friends and family. it is great meeting people with an interest in crochet.
    I am not too weird; everyone else is just too normal.

14. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    First I'd like to tell you that I love your quote. It's very much like myself LOL. I have family that lives in the E-town area, Middletown, etc. Nice to meet someone so closeby. I was born in Harrisburg, lived in Enola and moved to Lancaster when I was 14 and my dad was transferred there. Hubby and I have been living in Denver (near Berks Co.) since 1988. I think it's a wonderful thing that it's become a tradition for you to make gifts from the heart
    HUGS, Shelly