Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8

Post Thanks / Like

Question Help with lady's hat made in the round

I'm following a pattern which said not to slip stitch at the end of a row, but to continue and mark each round. When I completed the hat the instructions tell me to just end it and cut the yarn and weave it in. The hat has a band turned up, and it looks like the last round is not finished correctly, because it doesn't meet anything and is uneven. Can anyone tell me how to make it look right? Thank you to all who reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only done a small number of hats. Can you post a picture of the area in question?

Also, others will be along and reply as well soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had that problem with a purse I was working on. I was very unhappy with the uneven look. After I finished it off I ended up adding another round and used the invisable join and it finally looked even.

4. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go ahead and slip stitch the final round. I've done that in the past when I had the same problem and was much happier with the results. Hugs, Dinah
    Dinah

6. Likes meki1231, merseaone liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, it depends on what kind of stitch I am doing. For instance, if I am working with double crochet in the round then I would end with a half double crochet, a single crochet and then a slip stitch to bring the stitches down in size and into line. If it is single crochet, I would put a couple of slip stitches at the end to finish off.

8. Likes meki1231, elproct, Ms.B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would make a sl st to be the last stitch. Usually it makes it look evenly.

10. Likes elproct liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry I can't add any suggestions. I've never made a hat. But you have some talented gals who have already replied.

I would really like to see a photo of your hat!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Picture would be good that way I can see if I have a pattern for a similar hat. Sounds like one I've made before but they ended it nicely.
    Faerie tales are true because they tell us dragons can be beaten!

Post Thanks / Like

HELP WITH LAlDY'S HAT MADE IN THE ROUND

Thank you for your reply. I found a pattern which tells you that when ending the round, skip one stitch and slip stitch in the next stitch. It doesn't look bad. If you have another solution, i would appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you sl st into the first stitch it should even out your row. If you don't like the look then by all means on the last row do a ch 1 and sc around as you normally would. Remember it is "your" work and work it the way you like it. Hope that will help you.
    Judi G

15. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post