Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Thoughts about hat measurements

I have a problem thinking in terms of an 8-8.5 hat length if there's no cuff, but then there's this to consider: When you hold pants in front of you the bottom looks like it's at the tip of your feet, but when you put them on they're at your ankle. The body mass picks up the slack. When I gain weight my pants are shorter. Therefore, the head must pick up the slack when it comes to hat length as well.

My hats for women are generally 6.5 without a cuff.

Had some pictures taken of various hats the other day. I thought the "guy" hat was long enough but when he put the hat on and cuffed it, it was above his ears. Since then I've added a couple rows to it. The mass of his head shrunk the length. I didn't realize that logic before. Makes sense to me now.

Huggles, dears.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

2. Likes little drummer, MeerKat, crochetnani liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are absolutely right! I tend to make my hats "longer" rather than shorter. Like pants, you can always cuff them if they are too long. But - too short and you're out of luck!

On a related note, my hubby likes his steaks "rare". He always tells me, if it's too rare, you can always cook it more. But if the steak is too well done, there's not a do-over.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Very true. I like my steak medium rare and gee, I haven't had a steak in a long time...sounds good.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

5. Likes buggainok liked this post