Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Grief, what is wrong with this?

Hi everyone. Boy, am I having fun. The prep process for this wore me out, LOL!
    Taking photo; uploading photo from camera to my photo editing program; cropping photo and resizing it to two different sizes because I don't know yet what size is recommended for this forum; downloading it from my work computer to a flash drive; reloading it to this computer; then attempting to figure out how to post this thread with the photo. Whew, and no one paid me to do it, lol!

Last night I started the So Simple Box Stitch Shawl posted at Ideal Delusions http://idealsolutions.blogspot.com/2...tch-shawl.html

Raring to go and ready to stitch this morning I realized (duh) that if I continue I'm going to end up in a mess. I've worked through the pattern and last completed Row 5 and ready to turn and repeat Row 4.

I'm reluctant to do another stitch, as you can see in the photo, the dilemma I'm in.

What to do? Don't be shy... jump right in and share your thoughts!

Now I'm going to attempt to attach the photo.

Good Grief, what is wrong with this?-simple-box-stitch-shawl-1000x730-jpg
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

2. Likes amanda, missro007 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The link to the shawl doesn't work and I don't know how to correct it!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, to start I love your sense of humor and you will fit in here very well. I should warn you that I am the funny one here so take care you don't outshine me!!!! lol I love to tease and I think I have found a kindred spirit. Now to the shawl. Hon what is it supposed to look like? I'm sorry but it is hard to help without a pattern. Are you crocheting it as a triangular shawl? I am not the best crocheter but someone else that knows more about shawls will come along. I need a pattern to help.

5. Likes amanda, lj dunlap liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think you posted the link wrong. I tried to find it another way on the blog, and it didn't open up there either. Something wrong on that end.

Anyhow, here is a link to the same pattern on Ravelry:

Ravelry: So Simple Box Stitch Shawl pattern by Doris Yocum Turner

When you get to the page, click on the "this pattern is free" link.

I'll take a look and see if I can help you with the shawl, although I've never made that stitch.

Well, rats. I just tried to click on the link on the Ravelry page, and it just goes to the same broken link for the blog. Don't know what's up with that....
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't give up too easily, but I tried about 3 other ways to get to the pattern for that shawl, and they all lead back to the blog - which doesn't work right now. There is a link for the pattern on Crochet Pattern Central, and it just goes to the blog, too.

Could you maybe copy and paste rows 4 and 5, so we could see it?
    Annette

Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    I found a good link. Incidentally, this lady, Doris Turner, is a member here.

Try IdealDelusions.blogspot.com (Make sure you don't type in Ideal Solutions)
    When the page opens you'll see 3 rows of photos across the page. Click on the one that says So Simple Box Stitch Shawl (on the upper left) and then scroll down for pattern directions when the page opens.

Making this for my mom for Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, my husband said, "why worry about it? All you have to do is finish it, wash it and let it dry in the dryer and that releases all the tension in the yarn and then it will be the way it should be." I just stood there and looked at him before I could get the words out to ask him where he came up with that. Believe me, he doesn't crochet or knit. He simply told me "from Aunt Annie" LOL... shades of Aunt Annie who's been somewhere in heaven for 30 years!

10. Likes little drummer, Graciegirl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poinciana, no matter how I try it, the blog address IdealDelusions.blogspot.com simply will not open the pattern for the box stitch shawl shown on the blog page. All of the other places I found the box stitch pattern all go back to that blog address, and it seems not to work, at least on my computer. Can you get it to open for you?
    Annette

Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I can get the site to open fine. I just went there a little while ago and sent Doris an email requesting her to come check out this thread.

Her member name here is DorisAnn and she just posted her link here on the patterns board day before before yesterday in two threads looking for prayer shawls.

I would print the two rows as requested but if I'm not mistaken it would violate Doris' copyright statement. I mentioned in the email, too, about her website not opening for everyone.

So, it's a wait-and-see

Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Doris has sent me two emails which are deeply appreciated! She feels that my point stitches may be a fault. Also, she told me that as I work the weight of the yarn will correct the edges.

TwinFaye, yes, it is a triangular shawl. I'll try not to compete with your title of the "funny one here." LOL!

Annette, you're such a sweetie. Just on a whim, have you tried the link after clearing your browser cache? Sometimes when I have a problem getting a site to open I'll clear my cache and try again and most times it works. Just a thought I had.

As soon as I sign off here I'm going to continue with the shawl. As I mentioned earlier I'm making it for my mom for Christmas and just hoping she'll still be here. A year ago this month she was a hospice-at-home patient for 2 months, but she, by some miracle, rallied. But we know her time is short and there's not much I can give her for Christmas. Something snuggly like a shawl, which has to be a smaller version, because she's confined to a wheelchair so it can't be too big. My mom won't care if it's got a lot of mistakes in it. She'll be happy knowing I made it for her. So I'm driven to finish it so she can have it. I'll wrap it up and give it to her so she can use it.

So many thanks and hugs are sent to all of you!