Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyday Life of The Homemaker Part 2

Let's continue our chat about life as a homemaker! Being a homemaker is such a multifaceted job that wearing many hats is the only way to accomplish the tasks at hand.

Curtseys and bows are appropriate for all the homemakers around the world!

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwwwww...the kitchen/breakfast area is decorated for fall/Thanksgiving. I moved the fall décor from the family room and added it to the kitchen fall décor. I'm prepping the family room for a Southern Country Christmas and the living room for Christmas Splendor. I feel accomplished!

What are your decorating plans for the holidays?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was filled with clerical work. Today, I'll do more of it!

Laundry always has a way of imprinting its name!lol Duty calls!

Thoughts of Thanksgiving dinner are dancing in my mind. What will be cooked or catered? Catered totally...only time will tell! What are your dinner plans for Thanksgiving?

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the laundry is in its place with just a bit more to do to call the job finished. Yesterday, I spent time refreshing our bedroom. Today, I'll put the finishing touches on this room. I'll begin taking out the Christmas décor for the fun and very involved job of decorating for Christmas! I love Christmas!

A delicious Thanksgiving meal is being planned...catering is included! A few of our side dishes will be homemade. Final plans are in the making!

Do you cater, cook or do a combo for your Thanksgiving dinner?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! It's already summer and I'm working indoors and outdoors. Taking advantage of these beautiful days to start and complete projects! Some of my activities have been crock pot cooking, rearranging furniture and gardening along with my usual cooking, laundry, clerical work and household cleaning, Decorating my home for each season is a joy! My family and hobbies keep me busy too.

I made spaghetti and meatballs in the crock pot(1st time) a few days ago and it was delicious! I've also cooked country style ribs in the crock pot. So good and tender!

Today, I replaced a panel in my fence and did some weeding. I always feel empowered when I can do some diy projects myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, Butterfly Rose, I had not thought of myself as a homemaker before, but that really is one of the things I believe I do best. I love to make our home comfortable and welcoming. I've spent most of my adult life working outside the home, but I have yet to return to work after caring for my mother who was in hospice care in our home for 10 months. I'm not entirely certain what it is I want to do next.

Keep up your DIY projects!
    Auntie Alice

7. Likes Butterflyrose, Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Auntie Alice! Like you, not until I retired five years ago did I think of myself as a homemaker. I was a focused career woman who always had a desire to have a loving and welcoming home. With retirement, the opportunity availed itself so I could focus on my home and surroundings at a greater level. Being retired enabled me to enjoy time with/care for my husband who passed away 6 months ago. One of my newly revisited skills was cooking, which he thoroughly enjoyed. Learning to make one of his favorites, sweet potato pie, brought rave reviews! What a joy it is to be a homemaker!

Bless you for the kindness shown toward your mother. Being a caregiver is a noble and giving job. I am so glad I was able to care for my husband.

I hope you find the perfect niche in you next job!:-)

9. Likes AuntieAlice liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was grocery shopping day! My older daughter and I make it a team effort. We shopped at 2 grocery stores to complete our mission. Lots of fresh veggies were on the list! I'll be making my own sub sandwiches too!

11. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today my older daughter and I helped clean our church. Afterwards, lunch was served. We have good fellowship with our church family!

13. Likes Lynda Fey, Susan2014 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had a bit of rain today, yet it didn't stop my older daughter and I from picking up my younger daughter's car from the car repair shop. Also, I completed some clerical work and prepared dinner! I cooked crock pot country style ribs, homemade potato salad and seasoned mixed vegetables.