Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Thread: Weight Loss

Post Thanks / Like

Weight Loss

I know many of would like to lose some weight. I have really let myself go and recently went to a doctor for some help. I am on a special low-carb diet and taking medication to help with appetite. It has been 11 days and I have lost 12 pounds! I know that sounds like a lot but I am very large and most of it is likely water weight. I am wondering what all of you do to lose weight? Maybe we can brainstorm some ideas and support one another.

2. Likes Humble liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really need to loose weight - at least 10 lbs but better if it was 30! I did get my son to drag in the treadmill, so it's in my house ready to use. Soon. I promise! If you can take a supplement, L-arginine really helps to keep the weight down, especially if used with exercise. I get mine at Puritan's Pride online - they have a buy 1 get 2 free deal right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Weight Loss is a hard thing to do. I was told 11/5/13 to lose or be a Daibetic and knees & lower back is in Pain like ???? so loose weight. I am day by day for 8 days and not really doing it well. Tomorrow I have 50# to loose and I can /will do it. Supplements are not for me as my other Meds dont want that. Exercise bike & have a junkie one but its GOOD I hope.

Thanks Lee and Teresa for the good ideas. Now how about eating habits. Any out there for Diabetics (144 sodium / 112 glucose HELP xoxo PLEASE

5. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lost 40 lbs but wouldn't exactly recomment the way I had to lose it. I did cut out soda and only drink Spring Water. But also am taking care of my invalid husband and am running constantly when he is awake. He is always wanting something, he can't walk anymore.

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi friend God Bless you & Tom Good you lose but not the way you did it. I hope to make you proud of an old friend HUGS

9. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope all of you that want to lose weight can, low fat diet also works..

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have tips on snacks for Diabetic Diets ???? or any other kind. I think Im not eating enough I skip lunch...not good??

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Myfittnesspal.com on my iPad. I started last Feb. and have lost 41 pounds so far. Counting calories and walking on the elliptical- really only way to lose it and have it stay off. Good luck!

13. Likes N/A, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    vikicooks, I want to CONGRATULATE YOU !! thats a great number. I want 50 off to help knees & shoulders & lower back. I
    think thats an insentive for me to try a little harder. KEEP on that elliptical stay safe. HUGS Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    My doctor has been fussing at me to lose weight for a couple of years now. I need to lose at least 60#'s and would really like to lose a little more than that but I will be happy to lose any. I am a diabetic and have been on low carb diet for about 4 years now. I just can't seem to leave the sweets alone though . I am trying really hard to cut that out and haven't been buying any even though my mother craves and demands them also. She is diabetic also and is on insulin, I am just on pills so far. She gets frustrated with me not keeping them in the house and begs me to bake all the time. She justifies it by taking extra insulin when her blood glucose goes up. Not good but she just won't listen. I really don't want to go on shots so I asked my doctor about going to a weight loss clinic and he approved. Now I just need to get the money together for that, I'm thinking probably January. At that clinic you can't have any carbs and I'm not so sure that is healthy but I think I can do it. They also have you drinking copious amounts of water and I'm not sure I can drink as much as they want you to but I will certainly try.
    Dinah

16. Likes N/A liked this post