Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

You have no idea how excited I am to find this spot! I learned to crochet years ago. However, after a hiatus of about 20 years years I've taken it up again.

Whew, what a learning curve! Fabulous new yarns, new techniques, etc. Even the names of some things have changed...for example, Tunisian crochet - used to be called the afghan stitch. Then there's those Magic circles and another new one to me is starting a pattern without doing all those dozens of chain stitches and just starting out with a row of single crochet or doubles, trebles, or whatever. Good grief! I haven't mastered that at all

At any rate I'll be looking for help on different things and this forum looks like the place to do it. I read some threads and am impressed by how kind and nice the members are! My kind of place.

I'm very pleased to be here. I'll definitely be back soon. At the moment my dirty dishes are waiting for attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum, and welcome back to the world of crochet. I'm like you and crocheted quite a bit years ago when my kids were small, and then didn't do it for years. It hasn't changed that much, really. You will be back in step in no time. And you are right, there are some lovely yarns out there now.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I make doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet message boards! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you here on site with us! Thanks for joining us and feel free to make yourself right at home!

Post Thanks / Like
    Poinciana hello and i have a question for you ?? Where or what does your on-line name mean. Very sweet and talented it tells.
    You will do fine and we all will try to help you. Just join in till you do need help OK. Friend: Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the nice welcome, buggainok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    Welcome to the Forum. I make doileis
    Thanks for the welcome, ki1000. The very first item I ever crocheted was a doily! A very nice neighbor gave me a picture, instructions, a ball of Knit-CroSheen, and a #7 crochet hook and said she was available if I needed help. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet message boards! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you here on site with us! Thanks for joining us and feel free to make yourself right at home!
    Thanks, Barbara. It's definitely a pleasure for me, too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M J View Post
    Poinciana hello and i have a question for you ?? Where or what does your on-line name mean. Very sweet and talented it tells.
    You will do fine and we all will try to help you. Just join in till you do need help OK. Friend: Susan M J
    Hi, Susan. Poinciana is the name of one of my very favorite trees which becomes a blaze of brilliant red blossoms in June and July. It's also the name of a lovely romantic song from long, long ago!

Thanks for offering the help... I'll be asking for some sooner than you think, lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.... Looks like you have quite a learning experience ahead. But so rewarding!