Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: my name is

Post Thanks / Like

Red face my name is

Angela and I have been trying to figure out crocheting for 4 1/2 years and to this day I havent finished a project

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome Angela Are you having trouble with the projects you have started or is it a time constraint issue? not finishing is not fun and can be fustrating
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 11-05-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

3. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Angela. My name is Shelly (real name is Michele). I live in Lancaster Co., PA with hubby and 2 longhair dachshunds (one is red and the other is black and tan). We have 2 grown kids and 5 grandchildren.
    Sorry to find out that you haven't finished a project yet. Are you having problems with the concept of crocheting (using a hook and finding the stitches too much)? Maybe knitting is more suited to your yarn calling. I have found (because I am nosy and ask people) whether they knit or crochet or do both. Most people say they can only do either knitting or crocheting but can't get the hang of the other. I have been crocheting for many, many years but learned how to do some basic knitting earlier this year. My mother could knit but not crochet and her grandmother could crochet anything but couldn't knit at all. Have you watched any of the video's on YouTube? The Crochet Crowd with Mikey has some great videos. Just type in what you want in the search bar and you'll have choices of what you'd like to watch. You can pause the videos if you want to. I've learned some new stitches from YouTube videos. Keep us posted so maybe someone here can help get you going, k? There are so many wonderful people with so much knowledge on here that I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Angela as a senior with lack of confidence listen to Shelly as she said what I would have. I need to take 2 or 3 no more projects to do and take 1 at a time and finish it FINISH before you do another( SMILE )and be proudof your project. Concentrate on 1 at a time. OH( I don't practice what I peach either) Im kidding. Try it. What is it you want to get done by Xmas????? do that. If there is another easy & quick project start that to kill the frustrtion of other one. No more then 2 at a time. Pic something your doing and we can help you easier. Pic can be zoomed in by clicking your Pic , some gals have helped doing this??? HUGS Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet message boards! It is nice to meet you and have you here with us! Crocheting can be so relaxing and fun! Looking forward to hearing more about your crochet adventures! Thanks for joining us!

What kind of projects are you starting with? Smaller ones?

9. Likes N/A, seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Pa. Don't give up on crocheting you catch on. Get a book on I taught myself to crochet and go step by step and practice each one till you learn one at a time

11. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is very important for a beginner, or someone who is having trouble, to start with a small, simple project. Like a very simple scarf. Maybe just chain about 15, turn and go back and forth making rows in single or double crochet until the scarf is as long as you want it to be. If you use a pretty color of yarn, you will be surprised at how nice a scarf like that can look.

I recently taught a friend to crochet and she made several scarves using only double crochet and different kinds of yarn. She was so proud of herself for actually making a scarf. Then she got busy and made several more. Just start small and simple is my advice.

Click this link to see an example of really pretty, simple double crochet scarves:

Simple Christmas Gifts: Scarves | Chicken Scratch
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

13. Likes N/A, seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
    I think it is very important for a beginner, or someone who is having trouble, to start with a small, simple project. Like a very simple scarf. Maybe just chain about 15, turn and go back and forth making rows in single or double crochet until the scarf is as long as you want it to be. If you use a pretty color of yarn, you will be surprised at how nice a scarf like that can look.

I recently taught a friend to crochet and she made several scarves using only double crochet and different kinds of yarn. She was so proud of herself for actually making a scarf. Then she got busy and made several more. Just start small and simple is my advice.

Click this link to see an example of really pretty, simple double crochet scarves:

Simple Christmas Gifts: Scarves | Chicken Scratch
    Thank you very much for that advice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Angela! You're in the right place to get the help and encouragement you need. I look forward to seeing your projects soon!!

16. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post