Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Easy , but I am confused!

Hi,
    I thought I'd make scarves for Christmas this year & I found a cute pattern, works fast & it's easy. Yet here I am stumped!
    I get to the end of row 1 and I don't know what to do. Should I dc in last chain, then what?
    Crochet Lacy Scarf
    Last edited by ytk9z; 11-06-2013 at 10:52 AM. Reason: link is not working

Post Thanks / Like
    When I visit the link - it does not show the pattern for the scarf? Is it suppose to? Please let us know and we will try to help you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,
    I just clicked it & it worked fine? I thought maybe because I was using a mobile link, so I clicked visit full site & copied that link.
    Crochet Lacy Scarf

Post Thanks / Like
    I could copy the instructions for row 1.
    I can't wait to start it as I've found a scarf I like
    & I have the yarn, yay!

Post Thanks / Like
    SCARFCh 19.Row 1: Dc in 5th ch from hook (first 4 skipped chs make a turning ch-sp), dc in next ch, *(dc, ch 3, dc) in next ch, skip next ch, dc in next 2 ch; rep from * across to last ch, dc in last ch – 3 pattern reps at the end of this row.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found the pattern. Here it is:

"Ch 19.

Row 1: Dc in 5th ch from hook (first 4 skipped chs make a turning ch-sp), dc in next ch, *(dc, ch 3, dc) in next ch, skip next ch, dc in next 2 ch; rep from * across to last ch, dc in last ch – 3 pattern reps at the end of this row.

Row 2: Ch 4 (for turning ch-sp), turn, *(3 dc, ch 3, dc) in next ch-3 sp; rep from * across to turning ch-sp, 3 dc in turning ch-sp.

Repeat last row until nearly all yarn has been used. Scarf should measure about 80" (203cm) from beginning. Fasten off.

FINISHING

Weave in ends."

If you are at the end of Row 1, you should DC in the last chain, then turn and Ch 4 to start Row 2. Then on Row 2 you will do (3 dc, ch 3, dc) in the next Ch 3 space) all across the row, ending with 3 DC in the last Ch 3 space.

Then turn, and repeat Row 2 as above. Starting each row with Ch 4 and ending with 3 DC in the last Ch 3 space.

Keep repeating Row 2 until your scarf is as long as you like.
    Last edited by buggainok; 11-06-2013 at 11:22 AM.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

7. Likes ytk9z liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! It threw me at the end of Row 1 where
    it says 3 pattern repeats at the end of this row.
    I was making it complicated!
    Thanks so very, very much!
    Now I can get started!

9. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytk9z View Post
    Thank you! It threw me at the end of Row 1 where
    it says 3 pattern repeats at the end of this row.
    I was making it complicated!
    Thanks so very, very much!
    Now I can get started!
    So happy I could help you. I don't think you made it complicated - I think the pattern writers make it complicated. There was no reason to throw that "3 pattern repeats" into it. I agree, it was confusing.

The scarf does look very cute. Although, if I were making it, I would probably not make it as wide as the pattern shows. That is just a matter of personal preference. I make most of my scarves about 5 inches wide. (They go quicker, and it doesn't take so much yarn, lol.) I have lots of gals in my family, and when I make scarves I make quite a few all alike, except for the colors. I am all about quick and cheap.

Have fun with the scarf!
    Annette

Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! I'd make it less wide
    if I knew how long the chain should be.
    I have a lovely blue colour.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ytk9z View Post
    Thank you! I'd make it less wide
    if I knew how long the chain should be.
    I have a lovely blue colour.
    Hey there, I just tried a test with your pattern to see if I could make it not so wide and keep the pattern. It worked! I chained 15 to start instead of 19, and then just followed the pattern as written. It did just fine. I will say that you probably need to make your starting chain kind of loose, or use a larger hook when you make the first starting chain part.

I've found that if you don't do your starting chain row loosely, the end of the scarf tends to be more narrow than the rest of the scarf as you crochet the rows.

You might want to try a few rows with a starting chain of 15 and see what you think. You can just "frog" it and start over if you don't like it, lol.
    Annette

Dalai Lama