Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

How to Get Started?

How Do you get started selling your crochet project ? and what crochet item best to sell ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I could help you with this but I have no idea. I can tell you from my experience doing craft shows that you can go from one place and not sell a thing and a few weeks later do another craft show only a few miles away and you can do great. It all depend what people are looking for. Either you have it at the right time or you don't. Maybe you could try a craft consignment shop to see how well your items sell. That would give you at least a start on figuring out what sells best and concentrate on making more of that type of item. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good Luck. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

3. Likes buggainok, Adrian29 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adrian29 This is why I dont sell mine I dont drive and you need Time , selection of different items a place to go sell, here in MN we have Churches and different places where they offer for a price a spot to sell your things, at Community Centers & other places. Check newspaper, call your Town or city council or Post Office might know or willing to tell you. Leave message with phone Number on it for them to tear off to call you. Ask Ladies at stores where you buy your yarn etc check all over where there a Pin Board This time of year they have started all ready HERE they have. You find out all you can and see what to do . Lots of work and saying nothing on CROCHET CROCHET. Pricing ask those you talk to. Maybe a town near by check that out??? Good Luck Susan M J

5. Likes seashells_Shelly, buggainok, Adrian29 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some members sell at craft shows, some sell online. What are some of your ideas in getting started? Do you want to start locally?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you on Facebook? In my area there is a group crafting site on FB where you can post pictures and descriptions of your items. It is working out pretty good for me. Each site has different rules you have to follow and they offer tips on how to safely meet and exchange items for payment, etc. It's free - so whatever price you ask for, you get to keep it all. I like it because no banking information is asked for and it costs you nothing.

8. Likes seashells_Shelly, Adrian29 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    meki1231 Hi I was curious how do you go about exchange??? I wouldn't send a item before I got Paid??? Im trusting not that much??? Hope you do well. Thanks for sharing the site area at least. Later my friend. Susan M J

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, it is local to my area. Last week I met a lady at our Martin's Supermarket parking lot. That's what I meant about the safety tips. You want to make sure it (unless you know the person) is a very public place. The lady drove up jumped out of her car handed me the money I gave her the baby booties and the deal was done - 5 minutes or less. The group I'm in is called Crafts For Sale In Rockingham County. I joined through my Facebook page. If you are on Facebook, do a search for crafts sites that are local to your area.
    Last edited by meki1231; 11-06-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: wanted to add information

11. Likes N/A, seashells_Shelly, Ginnie256 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will do that and Thank you I wont worry about you too much ?? Susan MJ

13. Likes meki1231 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see people selling their crafts at Yard Sales. I saw several last week when I was out looking for yarn.

15. Likes Adrian29 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ginnie256, I tried that. Actually, a friend and I set up a a really big yard sale. The problem we ran into was that people wanted the prices to be really low - priced like yard sale items. If you can find a farmer's market, one that has inside facilities as well as outside, you can normally do pretty well.

17. Likes N/A liked this post