Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

Hi there! I am not sure what threads I followed to finally end up on Crochet Talk but once I was here I was intrigued. I am a needlework fanatic, I crochet, I knit, I cross stitch, I needlepoint, I quilt and just about anything else that uses a needle is my forte. My children grew up seeing me with some sort of needle in my hands. They learned the names of all the techniques but were fond of telling their friends who asked what I was doing that their mom was just tying knots. But of all the needlework techniques that I have learned over the years crocheting is my favorite and my fall back technique. My godmother taught me to crochet the summer I was 10. Her Husband worked the 3 to 11 shift at Avondale and she didn't like going out to pick him up in the dark so I would spend the evening crocheting with her, we would pick up her husband and sometimes I would spend the night on the sofa others I would go home (I lived next door). She taught me to crochet using cotton thread. I cannot count the number of doilies I have crocheted over the years. I do find it funny when searching for pattern books to find the ones I learned from are now considered antiques. Over the years I have plied my needle with all size threads from #80 tatting thread using a 14 needle to triple strands of bulky yarn using a P hook. And I still come back to #10 thread with a 7 Milward hook. I will post some of my work. My godmother is still alive and kicking but has not crocheted in over 20 years. She gets great pleasure when I send her photos of my latest creations. Thanks for letting me chat. PS - I never taught my daughter to crochet as she is a lefty but I did teach her cross stitch and needlepoint. And I must say she has surpassed me with her talents in these areas.
    Last edited by arlette1013; 01-16-2012 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Misspellings

Post Thanks / Like
    Arlette,

It is so nice to meet you and to read your introduction! You sound like you are a very busy lady! I also like to do cross stitch and have done quite a bit in the past! Welcome aboard!