Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Cross Stitch

Post Thanks / Like

Cross Stitch

Finally, after viewing a cross stitch video tutorial, I've mastered this stitch. The cross stitch was giving me fits...just couldn't visualize it. Now, after seeing the logistics on the video, presto, I have learned another stitch and, one that I really like. Thanks.

2. Likes seashells_Shelly, elproct liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I too love the cross stitch. I learned it from Mikey of the Crochet Crowd on YouTube. I think once you get two or three rows finished you can really appreciate the beauty of this stitch
    Thanks for mentioning it in a forum. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

4. Likes elproct liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Cross Stitch

Hi Shelly. I've already made a yellow dishcloth using the cross stitch. One row of DC, four rows of Cross Stitch, one row of DC, four rows of Cross Stitch, and one row of DC. Used HDC around to finish in a bright med. green...can't think of what the green was called when I was growing up...so long ago. Talk to you again.

6. Likes N/A, seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Once I caught on to the cross stitch, I made a large wrap from navy blue yarn. Some of the men and women in care homes are rather large and the average size wrap is not large enough to keep them warm when out in their wheelchairs for an activity. I donated the one I made to a group at church that does a lot for one of the local care places. Usually we don't know where our donations go but one of the girls told me that there was nearly a wrestling match for the large wrap because so many people wanted it. I can't imagine the scene that caused LOL.
    Corky, when I make dishcloths, I always use cotton yarn. Mostly I like to use the varigated colors. I usually do about 5 rows of single crochet, 1 row double crochet...etc. sometimes all single crochet. I guess depends on my mood at the time. Haven't used cross stitch for dishcloths, though. Now that you mention it, I just might try that Thanks. HUGS, Shelly

8. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi corky love the name as I work with corks a little, I made my hubby a clock with coks I got from a Liquor store and 2 Cafe's hehe Im a weird senior dont ask Shelly if I am. hehehe. I have not use the cross stitch in years THANKS for the memory and I too will do a dish towel or??? Videos are great and soso many. It easy to ask our friends but to see it as its being done is sooooo helpful. Join in on any Form and say hi or help with an answer. HUGS to You Susan MJ

10. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Susan! what do you mean "don't ask Shelly if you are a weird senior"? I thought we were all weird in one way or another hehehehe
    Susan is great, Corky, such a sweetheart and a very good friend. Love her like a sister, too. HUGS, Shelly

12. Likes N/A, elproct liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Corky I should apologize for my goofyness BUT I wont...thats me once in a while. I love potholders and I just pinned a lot on my Pinnterest Board. I love collecting patters and making them. Keep us up on yours with a pic maybe ,,,,please. Hugs Susan M J

14. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we should call this the GOOFY crowd. I bet it would FILL UP fast. I know I could find it quicker. Most that have
    met me here would say I am goofy or off my rocker. See I made my rocker into a rocking horse and crocheted it into a
    baby afghan I will post it later this week (Got to take the picture first Heee heee)
    Nice meeting you girls