Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Has AnyOne Used the Mosaic Yarn by Benat or Any other Brand

I was wondering if anyone has used the Mosaic Yarn and what does it look like, the tiny swatched doesn't really tell how it will look when made into a garment. I wish they would show a garment would look like worked up. Even a Hat would let you know how it would look.

Also what does Overdyed Yarn? I saw it at Hobby Lobby.
    Last edited by MeerKat; 11-02-2013 at 12:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Had to do some research, but overdyed yarn is put through an additional dying process. The result is that it creates unique colors. I have not personally used the Mosaic yarn. Looking forward to seeing others' replies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meercat, , I have Some of the Mosaic that I want to make a shawl . I pulled out one of the scie.ns and tried it. It doesn't have any give to it.It is wound real tight but I think with an extra big hook it will work up real nice. I watched a video of Mikey making a stitch this afternoon that I think this will work up real well . He showed a very pretty scarf made in a multi color yarn . I have the green/blue Mosaic. It will work up well, it just has a different feel because it doesn't have the give. To me it will be worth the money. Margaret.

4. Likes MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas transplant View Post
    Meercat, , I have Some of the Mosaic that I want to make a shawl . I pulled out one of the scie.ns and tried it. It doesn't have any give to it.It is wound real tight but I think with an extra big hook it will work up real nice. I watched a video of Mikey making a stitch this afternoon that I think this will work up real well . He showed a very pretty scarf made in a multi color yarn . I have the green/blue Mosaic. It will work up well, it just has a different feel because it doesn't have the give. To me it will be worth the money. Margaret.
    Thank You! I will give it a try, I am wanting to make a scarf and hat to match, it will work for the scarf for sure. I think I will try it, if it is to tight for hat I will just make a scarf out of it.

6. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mikey says to use a biggerhook and make your work a little looser. That is going to take a little practice for me. Margaret.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it will me to, I have a tendency to crochet to tight. But still think I will try it. I appreciate the help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a beautiful afghan made with that yarn- I think it's on his site! Granny squares that really look beUtiful when finished; they sewed it together on the diagonal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could you tell me what site it is at? would love to see it..

11. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I found it at The crochet crowd.com, called cottage Relaxation granny Square, using Bernat Mosaic yarn- color "into the woods".

13. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You so much, and the "Into the Woods is the one I was looking at..

15. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post