Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

case for Tunisian hooks

Hi, friends--

I've ordered a beautiful set of 12 bamboo Tunisian hooks - I'm taking the plunge.
    They each have an attached plastic cable so you can work on afghans without needing a monster long hook. Hook & cable measure about 48 inches, according to the description. Does anyone know what kind of case would be good to keep the hooks without the cables tangling? I've been looking on Amazon, but haven't seen anything that looks appropriate without also buying the hooks.

I know it sounds strange that I ordered a whole set of hooks without having tried the technique first, but the price of the set wasn't much more than the cost of other single hooks. It was a great deal on Amazon. Can't wait for them to arrive.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am no help at all nevered tried it. But mybe you could find a pattern that you just make from a regular crochet, I am always running across different patterns of cases for hooks. Not much help but maybe it will bump the post back to the top and more people will see it.

Post Thanks / Like
    So you sew? I make cases for crochet hooks and for knitting needles. They make cases for circular knitting needles that would work but those cases are all so darn expensive. Someone suggested using a CD case but I'm not sure the crochet hook part would fit in that. I'm getting ready to make some cases, PM me if you would like me to make you one... no guarantees as I'll have to try to design it without a pattern I was going to try and make a case for circular needles. Just let me know. (I would need to know how long the crochet hook part is, the cable on them you can wind and slip in the pocket. Tunisian crochet is fun... you'll enjoy it.