Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Bulky yarn hat patterns for men?

I was given a bag of yarn (no one wants to work with bulky yarn) from my hobby club group and most of it is bulky yarn (#5). Going to do hats for the Veterans Stand Down at the end of November.

Now, I have gone through my patterns and there are little or no masculine looking hat patterns using this type. Looked on Lion Brand and Red Heart but not quite finding what I would like (just want a basic hat covering the ears, no slouchy or watchcap) and either I am missing them (been known to happen for me, LOL) or they are not really around.

I do a lot of ladies hats (and use my own head as a size) but this is stumping me.
    Any ideas or is it just me? Probably something easy but that is the story of my life, LOL.

Thanks,

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is one that could be for a man or woman with bulky yarn:

Reversible Crochet Brioche Hat | AllFreeCrochet.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You could do hats in red, white, and blue. You could use layers of the colors within the pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found this one using the bulky yarn. It is pretty basic. WIDNEY WOMAN: Finished for Friday - Husband Hat

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, will give them a look-see. The yarn is from Mary Maxim, Titan and according to what I see, it is a number 5. Appreciate the responses. Will eventually let you know how they come out.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    this pattern is a very nice hat made with bulky yarn Ribbed Hat | AllFreeCrochet.com

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have run into the same problem myself, I measured one of the hats my husband already has and went according to measurements rather then stitch numbers, I just kept laying the new hat on the old hat to get the size. I didn't know what else to do, it worked. Then I had my husband try it on as I went along to be sure it was OK for him.

Just an idea,
    Judi G