Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Virginia

Hi everyone. I just joined and wanted to tell you a little about myself. I've been crocheting since I was about 6 years old when my Grandmother helped me and Mom gave me a "teach yourself to crochet" booklet. My first real project was a crochet clutch bag in white and blue cotton thread. Since then I've made many other things from hot pads to afghans to crocheted toilet lid covers!
    I also garden and manage my husband's construction business. Even at almost 68 years old I like to stay busy.

I'm looking forward to getting to know the folks here. It's great to find a group of people who share this passion!

Sandy

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Sandy I hope you enjoy CT, we have a great bunch of ladies here and very helpful. Please make sure you share some of your work, we love to see pictures.
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Doris. I've been so busy crocheting Christmas gifts for the family that I haven't taken time to take any pictures! I need to do that. Thanks for the encouragement!

Sandy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome Sandy
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi MsBhaven. Glad to be here! (Question for anybody... What's the difference between a Junior Member and a Senior Member?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sandy! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    H Larisa. I used to make lots of doilies but don't seem to have the patience for them anymore. I like quick projects now, something that I can do with little concentration. I have quite a few that my grandmother and mother made, some of them really fancy things, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Doilies for ever! Do you have a cat? I have 6 birds
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Larisa, I have a FAT CAT named Jak (for Just a Kitty.) He weighs about 19 pounds and thinks all my crochet stuff belongs to him. I crocheted a toy for him yesterday from some cotton yarn I had on my desk that I use for trying out patterns I see online. It had gotten really rough (split and hard to work with) so I looked up cat toys and found one that I modified some. He loves it. Hubby and Jak played with it a long time last night. The exercise is good for Jak and the entertainment is good for Hubby! What kind of birds do you have? Jak is an indoor only cat so he doesn't chase birds except through the window.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! It s interesting to know about Jak. I have 3 lovebirds and 3 budgerigars. Silly lovebirds got eggs and one of then bited me yesterday when I put her seeds. She was hanging onm my finger! Any way my skin was not damaged. I would like to have a cat but he will kill birds == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן