Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Colored stuffing for crocheted animals

Recently I started making teddy bears, but I am having trouble stuffing the dark colored ones with white poly fil. I have looked for colored stuffing, but haven't found anything. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks for your help, Delores

2. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lovepurple13 View Post
    Recently I started making teddy bears, but I am having trouble stuffing the dark colored ones with white poly fil. I have looked for colored stuffing, but haven't found anything. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks for your help, Delores
    Some people who crochet toys stuff them with yarn in a color that won't show through. You might be able to get some cheaply at Goodwill or a thrift store. It wouldn't have to be the exact same color, just dark enough not to show.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you maybe line the interior with old clothing of a similar or complimentary color and then stuff it?

5. Likes amanda, buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey love purple-----i needed some fiber fill and couldn't get to jo anns I went to family dollar and picked up a cheap pillow for the fiber fill when I got home and opened the pillow it had dark fill in it-----it had a deep pink cover on the pillow----i either got lucky or they are all like that-------------see ya bettybee

7. Likes amanda, Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the great ideas

Thanks to everyone for the great ideas. I'm going to try them and see how things work out.

9. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You can try dark colored panty hose.

11. Likes amanda, elproct liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have lined some of my darker projects with material then stuffed! I learned with some you can use a smaller make a few other adjustments so that the stitches are closer and the fill doesn't show through! Something else I have done is buy a spray can of paint and sprayed the fiberfil with darker color or 1 that looks closer to the color! I thought about trying to dye the fiberfil! Haven't tried that yet! GOOD LUCK! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do let us know how it turns out and which method worked best. Some others may run into this situation and your experiences could help!

14. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This a good question!! I have often wondered why a company has not jumped on this idea...especially when I have crocheted a monkey and have to stuff it with WHITE fiberfill. I've thought of dyeing it but the kind I have will not absorb the dye. Maybe a company that makes the fiberfill stays updated by reading our posts...LOL!!

16. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

colored poly fil

While looking around I found a product called Halloween Hay sold at Michaels. It comes in black and orange. Each bag costs $1.99, but right now Halloween stuff is on sale. I used the orange to stuff a small teddy bear I made with dark yarn. It worked great.

18. Likes Theresa L, amanda liked this post