Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Pattern help

Post Thanks / Like

Pattern help

I wanted to make a prayer shawl for my grandma and found this one Triangular Shawl - Free Vintage Crochet Shawl Pattern
    I really like how it looks but for the life of me I cannot replicate it following the pattern so if any one could help me out I would truely appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Pattern help-shawl-jpg 

2. Likes andyj liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where in the pattern are you needing help? Please provide us with some more info if you can...

Has any of the members done this pattern? Thank you for letting us know...

Post Thanks / Like
    Its not that I dont understand the pattern its that it doesnt really turn out the way its pictured. It seems somewhat soild in the pic, which is what I'm looking for, but it really doesnt turn out that way when I'm making it. I guess my problem really comes in the 3rd row since the first two are pretty self explainatory. When it asks to work 11 loose tr. into the first stitch along the previous row, should that be in the unworked front loops of row 1 or just regular? Ive done both ways but in either case it does not turn out like the pic. I figured cussing out the pattern was throwing off the point of a prayer shawl so I thought I'd ask and see if anyone could help me out. Or if anyone has something similar?

5. Likes Judi Gums, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You tickled me Crochet4fun, I feel the same way at times.

After looking at the pattern picture enlarged, it looks like there are openings in the pattern. The mannequin is white like the yarn and gives a solid look in the smaller pictures. I do wish people would use contrasting colors in backgrounds of crochet items, it makes it so much easier to see.

Good luck, it is a pretty pattern, hope it turns out well for you.
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Judi. I hadn't thought of enlarging the pic. lol I agree that they need to display things on contrasting colors, but can't make things too easy. I guess I will continue my search for something a bit more solid

Post Thanks / Like
    You have the dementions from the pattern, why not tweak the pattern more to your liking. I like more solid stitches myself, for warmth, maybe if you just make some adjustments to the pattern you can come up with your own stitch pattern.
    Judi G

Quote Originally Posted by crochet4fun View Post
    Thank you Judi. I hadn't thought of enlarging the pic. lol I agree that they need to display things on contrasting colors, but can't make things too easy. I guess I will continue my search for something a bit more solid
    Last edited by Judi Gums; 10-30-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats kind of what I was thinking I might do but for now I'm still irritated at the thing lol. So i'm whittling down my other christmas crochet list a bit before returning to this one.

10. Likes Judi Gums liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for posting I had looked at pattern too but was not sure could turn it out like it looks so glad to hear that will keep looking for a pattern here too

Post Thanks / Like
    A very solid pattern, in keeping with the power of three incorporated into most prayer shawls is the basket weave pattern. Have you looked for that one? You could create your own shawl from just repeating the pattern, but it would be easiest as a stole type instead of the pictured triangle.

The original prayer shawl pattern is a simple rectangle. And yes, it is very important to be calm and serene and positive when creating the shawl. Some creators say prayers, some thing beautiful things about the recipient, some do both.

Prayer shawls are very powerful forms of comfort.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crochet4Fun, Hello, Look at your pattern and see if you make it in 2 pieces, then sew it together . The pattern will tell you the Right side then start working the left side. I want to make one to wear to an outdoor wedding here in Texas in April. But I don't want one with a stripe down the back. One of the ladies made one and had a picture of it in the Forum. It was very nice. It was a very nice blue color. Can ANYONE TELL HER WHO THAT WAS?