Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7

Post Thanks / Like

Off my Bucket list, I can Crochet!

Good morning,

I am a retired florist and an avid crafter who finally learned to crochet! One of the things I always wanted to learned is this art, so one evening I decided to Google it and here I am.
    Having said that I am soooo a BEGINNER! lol
    I will be doing a lot of reading and asking lots of dumb questions....so please be patient with me.

Presently I work in the bush up in north central Alberta, where it could be weeks before seeing civilization. I think this will be an enjoyable craft for me to fill the long winter hours.

2. Likes Barbara G., amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    HI and welcome

Quote Originally Posted by GayleP View Post
    Having said that I am soooo a BEGINNER! lol
    I will be doing a lot of reading and asking lots of dumb questions....so please be patient with me.
    no such thing as a dumb question, ask all the questions you want as many times as you need. There is an array of crochet skill levels here if someone does not know hang on to you crochet hook there will be someone that can answer. And no matter how long you have been crocheting there is always something to learn.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

5. Likes amanda, Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so happy to meet you! Glad you decided to take up this fun hobby. Several months ago, I taught a longtime friend to crochet. She is hooked (pardon the pun). She's made lots of hats, scarves, and quite a few afghans. There are lots of easy, simple patterns out there for beginners. And don't forget to go to Youtube if you are a visual learner. There are great tutorials for learning all the stitches.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

7. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from GA! It's a wonderful forum and everyone is very helpful and encouraging!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Welcome to the forum. We are just a big happy family here. You will enjoy yourself by chatting with everyone. Have fun crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet message boards! We are delighted to have you here with us! Please, make yourself at home here!

11. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome from Pa. My name is AudreyL. Glad you with us. I'm a crocheter also

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome! This is a wonderful HUGE growing friendly and loveable family1 Like others have said there are no dumb question you can ask1 We all learn different ways of doing things everyday or new techniques, I have been crocheting for30 something years but I'm still learning new stitches or different ways of doing a project! Yes someone will help when they can at anytime of day since we are all from around the world! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Glad you joined us. I have been crocheting for 50 years and still get stumped at times. Ask anything you want to. We're here to help.

15. Likes amanda liked this post