Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Crochet Cables?

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet Cables?

Cables confuse me. I have watched YouTube tutorials and followed them step-by-step, but mine never come out right. I can do simple cables where you would ch 3, skip 2 stitches, sc into the next st, turn and sc in each of the 3 chains, then turn again and sc into the 2 skipped sc, leaving the ch 3 cable in the front of your work.... but I want to be able to do the "challenging" cables, the ones that look like the criss-cross etc.... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure we have some members who have done these...I have not as of yet. So, looking forward to hearing from others on your question. Please be patient for responses...

3. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    I am sure we have some members who have done these...I have not as of yet. So, looking forward to hearing from others on your question. Please be patient for responses...
    I hope so. Cables are the only thing that I have tried that I have not been able to do so far. And I'm a crocheting mommy, patience is my middle name lol

5. Likes MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Most cables depend on front post double or treble and/or back post double or treble stitches. It is the placement of these stitches that could be a little tricky but not an insurmountable problem. One thing I learned years ago from a woman who had been crocheting 'forever' and that was...follow the directions exactly as they are written, even if you think the author is crazy and the pattern would never work as written. Good Luck and have fun with your cables. YOU WILL SUCCEED!!!!

7. Likes MeerKat liked this post