Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
    Post Thanks / Like

Any card makers or scrapbookers here?

I love to make cards. After a few months of not making cards, my passion has been renewed.

Recently, I made a couple of paper bag mini scrapbooks. And now, I'm making a scrapbook(cardboard base) of my favorite things!

Boy, have I had fun shopping for card making/scrapbooking supplies!

Please share about your projects and supplies that you use. What themes do you base your cards and scrapping? Where do you shop for products? What creative ideas do you have?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started out making a scrapbook in 2006, and bought all sorts of supplies. I finished a couple of books, and enjoyed doing it. But, I started waaaay too late. It became overwhelming to try to pick out photos from a whole lifetime.

I quickly switched to making cards and haven't looked back. I love making cards, and to me it is instant gratification. I have something pretty that I created, and I can send it to someone and hopefully make them smile.

I make lots of "no special occasion" cards to send to friends and family. Just something unexpected in the mailbox to brighten up their day. We have 5 grown kids and spouses, and 18 grandchildren, so I'm always making someone a special birthday card.

I've been a member of the forum at Splitcoast Stampers for years, and check in there every day. They have a wonderful gallery for members, and there is always inspiration there.

Also, lots of talk about new products and tools, which can be sort of dangerous, lol.

I pick up pretty papers from lots of places when I'm out shopping. I check out Michaels, Joanns, and Hobby Lobby. I've found some good bargains on cardmaking supplies at Big Lots, and even at Ross. I also buy stuff from ebay and Amazon. I guess you could say I'm an equal opportunity shopper.

I guess my style would be called "whimsical." I admire the more formal cards, with flowers and such, but that just doesn't seem to suit my personality. Show me a cute, funny, fat critter and I want to make a card with it!

Any card makers or scrapbookers here?-christmas-2011-001-jpgAny card makers or scrapbookers here?-jonathan-bd-2012-001-jpg

I'd say I split my time pretty equally between cardmaking and crocheting, but with Christmas on the way, my crocheting is on the front burner.
    Last edited by buggainok; 10-19-2013 at 05:37 PM.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

4. Likes Lili, Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Annette, I'm glad to meet you...one crafter to another! I simply adore the cards that you've made!

I started making cards in 2011. Handmade cards certainly do bring smiles to the faces of others. I recently put two cards in the mail for friends! I make each card especially for the intended person. Totally made with love!

Like you, I also buy supplies at Ross, Big Lots, Michaels and Hobby Lobby. Also Walmart, $.99 Store and an online auction site called Listia.

Embellishing the cards bring me so much pleasure! I am that "flowery" cardmaker that you mentioned.lol Hence, username Butterflyrose. I have a penchant for butterflies and roses(love flowers). In fact, the scrapbook that I'm creating has flowers on the cover!

I shopped at Hobby Lobby, Walmart and Michaels last week and found some beautiful embellishments by jolee's, the Paper Studio, sticko and Bubble-A-Bilities. I also bought items from the Christmas Crafts collection by Hobby Lobby. I am prepping for Christmas crafting too! Whimsical is included as I love snowmen and Santas and everything in between. My family calls me "The Christmas Lady!"

I have several hobbies that occupy my time: gardening, cooking, crocheting, reading, decorating my home, shopping and cardmaking/now scrapbooking. It's a busy and fulfilling lifestyle!

6. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Butterfly. If we lived in the same town, I'm sure we would run into each other in the aisles at those stores, lol. Like you, I love all my hobbies and look forward to deciding just what to make next! At Christmas, I buy toys for the younger grandkids, but I try to give everyone else something handmade. For the guys, that usually means something good to eat, fancied up in a decorated container. One year I made the men scarves, but lots of guys don't really wear them, so this year I'm sticking with a sure thing, probably homemade fudge, lol.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

8. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love to scrapbook and look forward to when I have more time to get back into it!

10. Likes Butterflyrose, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Annette, at the mention of Christmas, I get excited! First, I'll do my fall decoration for our home and then Christmas! This year, I'll make a few handmade items for family members along with purchased gifts. For my grandchildren, it'll be toys, educational games, room decor and clothing! I love to give gifts specific to hobbies or taste in particular items. I plan to make family Christmas cards for each family this year and a few individual cards.

We certainly would see each other at these stores...selecting and collecting for our next projects!lol

Homemade fudge sounds delicious! I made homemade peppermint bark one year as favors for our Christmas gathering and to give to others. It was a major hit!(((Hugs)))~Beverly~