Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from upstate New York

My name is Viki, I am 60 years old and very lucky to be retired. Last February I decided to lose some weight, but I knew I had to keep my hands busy with something other than food. I hadn't done much knitting or crocheting in many years, so I thought this would be a good time to re-start. My idea is to make lap blankets for all the ladies in my mother's group at the local nursing home. So far, I've finished six, started the seventh and have lost 38 pounds! I am making granny squares in three shades of purple with blocks of white added. The ladies love the colors and are waiting patiently for their own. I did knit one sampler blanket for a wedding gift, but it took me forever! Crocheting is faster, so I think I will stick with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochettalk. I am also retired but took an early retirement package at 47 (now 61). Anyway, way to go on your weight loss. I agree, crocheting is faster and I love it too. The ladies will love their lap blankets. Keep up the good work and don't forget to post pictures. We love to see what great creations others have made.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the welcome! I will post pictures as soon as I figure out how!

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the group
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! Welcome to the Forum! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned how to post from the help section on here. I went to the video that tells how to post pictures, videos, etc and wrote down the instructions for posting, and actually got it to work. Not as hard as you think, if I can do it, anyone can, LOL!!!

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Vikicooks to crochet talk hope you enjoy this great bunch of crochet sisters they're the best!
    I'm also live in NY in the Camillus area

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Vicki. I am Audrey from pa, Nice to have you with us

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the crochet message boards! Glad you are here with us! Thanks for joining us and take some time to look around! There are many, many wonderful people here who love to share and help in time of need!