Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

How can I add a crochet top to a loom hat?

My friend is in charge of the Le Leche League in my area and she asked me to make some boob hats for babies to be given to breast feeding mothers for their babies. I have a loom with which I can throw our a cap in no time but the nipple is crochet. Anybody know how I can add the nipple to the top of the hat?
    Faerie tales are true because they tell us dragons can be beaten!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by merseaone View Post
    My friend is in charge of the Le Leche League in my area and she asked me to make some boob hats for babies to be given to breast feeding mothers for their babies. I have a loom with which I can throw our a cap in no time but the nipple is crochet. Anybody know how I can add the nipple to the top of the hat?
    I made a few of those loom hats years ago, but don't remember exactly how the stitch pattern turns out. Maybe you can just begin with a slip stitch in the center top of the hat, and pick up stitches in a circle all around, as though you were crocheting a beanie?

Or in the alternative, crochet a circle like the beginning of a beanie, and attach it to the top of the loom hat?
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama