Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Not Crochet but a new project for me

Hi all. Well, in my spare time (yeah, right, for someone who lives alone, I still don't know what that means, LOL), I decided to try a quilting class run by Sister Ann at a local church (same church where I go for the prayer shawl ministry). Anyway, it is only held once in the fall and once in the spring. This project was a puffy Christmas tree and I hand sewed everything. I can sew (my mom was a professional seamstress) but thought it would be better to hand sew (didn't want to cheat by using my sewing machine). There are two classes left (was a six week class) so I am done. But looking forward to the next one in the spring.

This will be a gift for a friend of mine who has gone through a bit of a tough time lately. The trunk is a tad off centered (but then so am I at times, LOL).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6373[/ATTACH]

Thanks for looking.

LI Roe
    Attached Images Attached Images Not Crochet but a new project for me-puffy-christmas-tree-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like
    I like seeing sewing projects as well as crocheted items. Your tree looks great to me and I would have fudged on the hand sewing part. My hand sewing might not last very long.

3. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is really pretty and I'm sure it will cheer up your friend. I have no patience with hand sewing, but love my sewing machine. I admire you doing it by hand.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job, I think your friend will love it.
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful, Roe. I am sure your friend will love it and be cheered up to have such a wonderful gift from the heart. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    HOORAY !!! You Got It Done. I almost asked the other day about it. you mention those nice triangles were getting to you. It is Just Beautiful. Your Friend will LOVE it. I would cry to get such a Beautiful Gift like that. God was watching over you. Love & Hugs Susan MJ

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks wonderful
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh it is wonderful/ A cheery welcome at the door. I am sure your friend will appreciate the love you put into it. I am going to be making a couple of lap quitls. My aunt gave me flannel shirts that had belonged to my cousin and uncle. Both are gone now. I am going to take them apart and make warm lap quilts for her and cousin's wife. Maybe if there is enough I will have one too.

10. Likes N/A, Magnolia Blossom, pbjones80 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trude a Good idea. Maybe we all should ?? I did 30+ yrs ago for oldest and used Baby clothes and old toddles clothes for a blankie. He loved it. When he passed in 2007 I asked DIL to Donate it in his memory as GD didnt want it. Neighbor of theres a Muslim Family got it and this Lady sent ME a thank You note...Very Touching. Her 2 sons were still in Homeland?? & few months later they came here to USA what a Family. I was invited to a Party at her Apt, went with DIL and was treated royalty, quite a day God Bless.

12. Likes Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Roseanna: The Christmas tree is beautiful. Your friend will truly love it and the fact that you made it all by hand just for her! Love, Shirley

14. Likes N/A liked this post