Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hey, there!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, there!

Hey, there, from the Lowcountry of South Carolina! I am a retired teacher (Chemistry and Biology) and have been crocheting most of my life. My sister taught me the basics but I am mostly self-taught, which in itself is a feat because I'm a southpaw. I am currently teaching myself how to do Irish Crocheted Lace ( thank you, Maire Treanor, for helping me get started through your book and on-line course!). I have really enjoyed the challenge of interpreting/translating various antique motif patterns...really, I do love the challenge even though my family thinks I'm crazy! I've heard everything from "How do you see those tiny stitches?" to "You actually find that relaxing?" You crocheters who practice this art form can probably relate! Hope to learn much from Y'all!

2. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello ! I am Larisa doily maker. I live in Europe and make doileis from thread #30
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

4. Likes sandlapper liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome. Pretty new to crochet myself, about 5 months, but it has become an obsession. Hope you enjoy it here. Haven't been a member here long but am enjoying looking around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, please post pictures of your work and jump in with your comments and questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, all, for the warm welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    My brother lives in SC but he is as far away from the shore as you can get and still be in the state. Nearest city to him is Greenville. Of course that's where hubby and I always go when on vacation....free apt and spend time with brother and his wife. It's great as long as I don't see any bears, copperheads, black snakes, scorpions, etc. Gee whiz, it doesn't like much fun when I see it typed, but we have a great time in the middle of the woods. Have a great time here on CT. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Shelly, my sister and her husband live up at Clemson where they both graduated years ago. small world!

10. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I also am retired and taught myself to crochet 35+ years ago when my aunt who tried to show me found it awkward as she was right handed and I am a south paw. I was unable to find any left handed patterns so I bought a pattern and taught myself to crochet right handed and to this day I crochet and knit right handed but everything else is done with my left hand. Have a great week.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    We often drive near the road that cuts off and goes to Clemson. It's a small world for sure. I do love South Carolina. We did the beach things some years ago. Went to Myrtle Beach, Folly Beach (my favorite) and Pawley's Island. Now I'm 60 and only like the beach when it's cool and I can hear the ocean waves. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello!

Glad you joined us and posted your introduction! Please make yourself at home here and have fun in the process! Look forward to seeing some of you work when you have time to share with us!