Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm Furloughed :(

I'm one of those federal employees who has been furloughed - again. It's all getting very frustrating to me and I'm starting to go a little stir crazy. Being in a non-pay status is getting to be a big worry now. I'm single and self-supporting. Just a few months ago I was furloughed for six days, one day a week for six weeks with no pay. I live in a huge military town and there are thousands of others just like me.

So I've been crocheting my brains out! Thank goodness I have a large stash of yarn! LOL

Shelley

2. Likes amanda, MeerKat liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Shelley I'm so sorry!!! I know it's bad when you are the only income! Off with no pay happened to me when my kids were young. I had emergency surgery and had to live on credit cards for over a month. Not good.... I pray that it's over soon and you are back to work! Hugs
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    oh dear! I wish you good luck
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, I hope this government shutdown ends asap. There is no excuse for it. Hope you are able to hang in there!!! I just tried to file a complaint on the do not call website and it is temporarily out of service till this is all over. Thinking of you!!!!

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry, you have my prayers and I hope something gets these idiots thinking of the people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much, ladies. I appreciate your kind words and your friendship. It's very easy for me to isolate myself and hide in my house. And then depression sets in. The first day or two I thought woo-hoo! Time off! I don't have to do anything! Now, four days later, it's not fun anymore. It's been four days with no pay and no end in sight at this point. It's just all so frustrating. I'm very grateful to have you guys and my crochet to help me maintain my sanity.

xoxo
    Shelley

8. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pixielitter, I prayer that this ends soon, with a good solution. I know what it is like to be a single parent.To this day my daughter hates Macaroni and cheese because we ate it so often,and thank God for Ramein Noodles. She is now 40.
    Can government employees draw unemployment?

Post Thanks / Like
    After one straight week After one straight week of being furloughed, I qualify for unemployment compensation. An application for unemployment was attached to my official furlough letter. It's crazy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow!! I hope it all gets resolved in the best interest of the country. And that means everyone in the country.
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    They don't care cuz they have money. I hope you are back at work soon. They should be ashamed of themselves. Hugs, Judy
    Last edited by justplainjudy; 10-05-2013 at 10:27 AM.

13. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post