Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Oh Snap!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Snap!!!

I was happily working on an afghan and all of a sudden, I looked at it and realized it was two different shades of the same yarn. I usually never do that but this time for some reason, never noticed. Yes, you guessed it, I decided to frog it entirely and it was only about 36 inches done. I sat quietly, for as quiet as I can be, LOL, and rolled it into balls and put each shade into separate containers.

That was my therapy for today, last night's therapy session was untangling the end of a skein since it was close to the end and I was almost finished with the edging on the prayer shawl and wanted it in a ball. Well, it keeps me out of trouble.

Now I just have to decide what to start next or finish others I have started. But not using the just rolled balls, don't want to look at them right now.

Decisions, decisions.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry about your dilemma Roe. You've had quite a day of it. How bout if you don't do anything for a day....give yourself a break....maybe your decision will be easier then? I find a cup of tea is my best therapy.....besides petting my dogs that is. Hope things settle down for you. God Bless and a prayer..........HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    LI Roe, I am so proud of you for taking decisive action and frogging it! That is so hard to do. And sitting quietly - well that's another thing, lol. I did that same thing not too long ago, but it was because I looked at the afghan and decided, oh gosh, that is no where near wide enough. What was I thinking when I made the starting chain. Rip, rip, rip. Tomorrow is another day.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to both of you. I am okay now, just something weird. Usually I am checking dye lots, dates, but I had used some of the yarn for another project and had separated the dye lots but I guess a couple snuck in when I wasn't looking. LOL. So now they are separated and staying that way. Will use them again, they were the old Dazzleaire from years ago (loved that yarn and bought out everything that Michaels had on clearance about 10 years ago at $1 a skein). I just couldn't keep it the way it was and fortunately, the stitch I was using (box stitch) was so easy to frog, so it wasn't too bad. I actually don't mind untangling yarn (I tend to tangle it up myself), think I got it from my mom, she was great at untangling the thinnest of chains on necklaces.

Tea sounds good but so does a glass of wine, oh no, another decision. LOL.

Take care,
    LI Roe

5. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahahahaha you are too funny....you could always pour some wine in your tea????? HUGS, Shelly

7. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your pain. I was working on a vest and I had it together with the edging one on the armholes and the neckline and started the edging on the bottom and realized I had put the back on upside down. Now probably no one but me would notice it but I would and I knew I would not wear it much knowing about the error so I bit my lip and frogged it and changed the back and redid the edging and I am crocheting the ribbed band for the bottom of the vest and the funny thing is I didn't want to follow the pattern for the edging so I did my thing and to be honest it didn't look too good so I followed the pattern and now it is looking a lot better and I think I will be proud to wear it. So maybe I was supposed to do it over. Frogs are our friends???

9. Likes MeerKat, seashells_Shelly, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Faye, I can't take it anymore.....I just have to know why the term "frog". I figured out that it means ripping out the work you've done that you want to change (notice I DID NOT say the work that you did wrong) but I don't know why "frog". I thought if I wracked my brain hard enough I'd get it....well, obviously that didn't work...so I am asking you. HUGS, Shelly

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard it is called frogging because you are ripping, (like ribbit, ribbit) and isn't that what frogs sound like?? Other than dissecting one in high school, I don't get too close to frogs.

LI Roe

12. Likes seashells_Shelly, buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't feel bad Shelly...I had to ask too.
    Dinah

14. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    LI Roe that is exactly where the term comes from because that is the sound comes from. Ribbit Ribbit.