Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Help....

Post Thanks / Like

Help....

I found a pattern on Pinterest it was the Gobble Coaster. i have started it and i am now working on the feathers and the pattern has got me stump. i just don't know what it's telling me to do. Tell me what i need to do post you a picture of it or tell you the pattern? Or could i post you a link to the picture and written pattern
    Brenda

Post Thanks / Like
    If you could post the link to the pattern and pic, that would be a great help. And then tell what part is exactly stumping you.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Yarn Pixie: Gobble Coaster - Free Crochet Pattern I'm stumped on Row 2 of the feathers
    Brenda

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, I am going to try and explain but if I am not clear, hopefully someone else can come to the rescue. Sometimes I know what I want to say but it doesn't quite come out right, especially if I am writing it out.

If you attached row 1 to the body, you now should have 19 sc. At this point, you would turn your work, and slip stitch (ss) in the first stitch, then skip 2 stitches, do 7 dc in the next stitch, skip 2 stitches and ss in the next stitch. You will do this set within the parenthesis for a total of three times. That would complete row 2.

I hope this helps. BTW, that is a cute pattern.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, that's what i did but i'm coming up with 4 humps instead of 3 like the picture shows. Once i reach 3 times i still have some space left for another 7 dc so i don't understand why i'm coming up with an extra one.
    Brenda

Post Thanks / Like
    I was reading the comments that people wrote in on the site, are you coming up with 25 stitches in row 2? You should be starting row 2 in the very first sc (the first one where you joined). And you do have 48 stitches in the body? Just trying to make sure you have the correct number of stitches, been there done that when I had either an extra or one less.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 28 stitches in row 2, no i have 52 stitches in my body
    Brenda

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, that may be why you are having a problem. The body should have 48 stitches after the third row. That may throw it off.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, i just went back and took it all out and started over and i now have 48 stitches in the body, now starting on the feathers. So hopefully it will work out this time. I get aggravated it seems like every time i start a new project i always have to take it all out and start over several times. Thank you so much for helping me out. Wish me luck it looks like i'm going to need it.
    Brenda

Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome,good luck,you'll be fine and if it gets to you,set it aside and go back to it later I'll check in tomorrow to see how you did have a good night.

11. Likes dlj326, Brenda60 liked this post