Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Magic circle???

Post Thanks / Like

Magic circle???

Can anyone show me how to do a magic loop? How can I start it?
    Last edited by GlendaAlicia; 09-27-2013 at 08:53 PM.

2. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you goggle Magic Ring there is a tutorial that walks you through and it's really easy, I use it all the time. Good luck
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

4. Likes seashells_Shelly, buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, you have to see it done I think. I had to watch a video several times to get it. I sat in front of my computer with my hook and yarn and kept pausing and watching again. Some patterns call for the magic ring, or say you can just chain a few and join to make a circle. The magic ring leaves a smaller hole in the middle of your crocheting than the chain method does.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

6. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you goggle Magic Ring there is a tutorial that walks you through and it's really easy, I use it all the time. Good luck
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

8. Likes seashells_Shelly, buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your advice. I just found one on YouTube. It was great. Very easy to understand.

10. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    You're very welcome.
    Doris
    Too Blessed To Be Stress

Post Thanks / Like
    Just in case some of my fellow Lefties need to know- there are directions for making the magic ring "our" way too.

13. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I almost never do the chain method anymore. I love the magic circle because you can just leave that long tail at the beginning and pull it tight after a couple of rows and the work it in with a needle and clip it off and there is only the tiniest hole in the center. It's much neater I think. XOXOXOXO redhead/Patty

PS There is an easier way to thread any needle too:
    MY WAY: I take my thread/yarn or whatever and put it over my needle's eye and holding the thread tight with my thumb and pointer finger, I pull the needle out of the yarn and my from my finger and thumb.without letting go of the yarn Then I turn the eye of the needle so that looking down you can see thru the eye and place the eye over the tightly held yarn and push the eye downwards over the yarn and the yarn loop comes thru the eye usually in one try for me. It comes thru as a loop and then you pull it up and on out thru the needle. Has anyone else learned this trick? It will work on thread, yarn, embroidery floss or anything you want to thread your needle with. Try it , you'll like it.
    A DIFFERENT WAY; If you still want to thread the needle the ordinary way by wetting the thread and poking it thru,,, try this...instead of wetting the end of your thread, place the eye of the needLe in your mouth and wet it and then try to thread it. Wetting the eye of the needle works better than wetting the end of the thread. Believe it, it really is better but I still like MY WAY better!
    Last edited by redhead; 09-30-2013 at 04:03 AM.

15. Likes GlendaAlicia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    If you get CROCHET magazine it has a written example and pictures as well! The tutorials are really helpful on youtube! Good luck! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!

17. Likes GlendaAlicia liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

magic circle reply

I like the magic circle, (loop) because it eliminated the hole that always seems to remain not using it. A little hard to do until
    you do it several times, but worth the trouble. I found it simply by "googling" it and found the pictures a huge help, rather than
    just a print out of directions. Now I always use it for circles and even granny squares.
    Peggy K.
    Last edited by peggkel; 09-30-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: typo in the word hole

19. Likes amanda, ladyspaniels, GlendaAlicia liked this post