Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Post Thanks / Like

Want to get back into crocheting

Hey ladies,
    I have fallen back on crocheting a bit I need something to encourage me to get back into and I just don't know what it is. I work 7am-2pm so when I get home I am pretty lazy or feel as though lol even though I have a 1 yr old I am so tired when I get home. I think it is because my brain works so much when I am at work that when I come home I just wanna crash...Anyway I guess my question is does any of you guys have any patterns that yall find awesome to make? any comments welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RileysMomma26 View Post
    Hey ladies,
    I have fallen back on crocheting a bit I need something to encourage me to get back into and I just don't know what it is. I work 7am-2pm so when I get home I am pretty lazy or feel as though lol even though I have a 1 yr old I am so tired when I get home. I think it is because my brain works so much when I am at work that when I come home I just wanna crash...Anyway I guess my question is does any of you guys have any patterns that yall find awesome to make?

any comments welcome
    Hi Riley's Mom,

I can certainly understand that you feel tired when you get home from work, and especially if you have a one-year old, too. Little ones are wonderful, but they take time and energy. My daughter has stair-step kids, and I know she loves her life, but her powers of concentration are pretty wiped out most of the time, lol.

My thoughts about an awesome pattern for a busy person to make would be something that is pretty simple, doesn't require counting a lot (because you will lose your place with that one-year old wanting mommy, lol.)

Also, something that can be finished pretty quickly, so you will have a feeling of accomplishment. I'm thinking maybe a cute clutch purse for you! I'll try to find an easy pattern and post it for you.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

3. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here you go: I had this one bookmarked to make soon. It is really cute and simple. If you read all the reviews, you will see that it doesn't take long to make. The pattern calls for a crocheted button, but I think I would skip that and just find a decorative button to use:

Log In / Join the Lion Brand community to get free knitting and free crochet patterns and more!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Bugga! I will definatly check that one out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I would find an easy infinity scarf They don't take much time at all
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

7. Likes Heart, seashells_Shelly, dlj326 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    RileysMomma26 ~ Doing all my own chores makes me feel as you described, so crocheting took a backseat to yard work this Summer, and I'm just getting started again. I agree with MsBHaven on infinity scarves. Easy, fast, and pretty and everyone loves to receive them as a gift! Small Christmas decorations like wreaths, bells, and canes can be completed quickly. I also find motivation in 'take along' projects (those done in pieces) like a snowflake runner, for example, and the ol' stand-by ~granny squares!
    Last edited by Heart; 10-01-2013 at 01:14 PM.

9. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome. I agree with others that perhaps an infinity scarf would be a good project. I just finished one yesterday (it can also be called a mobius scarf). The pattern is very simple. Chain 100. Double crochet in 3rd chain from hook. Double crochet in each chain. Turn. Chain 3. skip the first stitch. Double crochet in each double crochet. Repeat until scarf is as wide as you'd like. Mine is about 8". Let a really long tail. lay the scarf out and around at though you were going to sew it together. take one side and flip it so the top and bottom of one side meet and the bottom and top of the other side meet. Then with a large eye plastic needle thread you long tail and sew the ends together, tie off and weave the end into your work. You've just finished your infinity scarf. It's a great take along project, too. Granny squares are also a good project to get back into crocheting. So you just have a nice cup of coffee or tea, relax, pick up your hook, some yarn and before you know it, you'll be in the comfy cozy world of crochet and all your cares will melt away. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    I see Cut Rate Crafts has their scented cotton yarn on sale this week for $1.50 (reg. $2.19) in all 7 colors and scents, if anyone wants it.