Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  43
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: My Craft Room

Post Thanks / Like

My Craft Room

Since my oldest girl moved out with the 3 grandchildren, I have been working on setting myself up a craft room. I split the room so the bunkbed and kids pc is on one side for the grandchildren when they come stay alnight, the other side is going to have my crafts set up. Its fun going through all my craft books. I didn't realize I had so many vintage crochet mag's.. and I need 6 more shoe bins to sort my yarn in colors. Here is a picture of what I'm using for my yarn and another picture of my room so far.. got alot more to do, just getting started.
    Attached Images Attached Images My Craft Room-526576_10151884713575090_1240598603_n-jpg My Craft Room-shoe-bins-jpg 
    Last edited by Kathy B.; 09-26-2013 at 04:46 AM.
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks wonderful!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

3. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You Larisa, I've got a long way to go yet, but at least its started. I have lots and lots to sort through yet.. and 2 large bookcases with books, I want to move upstairs. Hugs, Kathy
    Have a Great Day !!! Kathy

5. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's going to be nice when its all done. Can't wait until my kids are grown so I can convert one of their rooms. Wish you the best of luck getting all those books upstairs.

7. Likes Kathy B., seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good . Have fun and don't over do it. Hugs.

9. Likes Kathy B. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    This summer , I finally got my yarn in one place from all over the house. My two grandchildren helped sort the colors with me. We had fun doing it together. Now it is so easy to know what colors I have and what may be needed for a pattern.

11. Likes Kathy B., DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great hon,I finally have a craft room,now that we have moved to Lexington,Missouri and we live in a ranch type home,with 3 big bedrooms,I always lived in a mobil home well for the last 22 yrs. and I never had enough room, But here Wooo Hooo,I have one bedroom all to myself,LOL and there are shelves on bothsides of the window from floor to ceiling,and I have a shelf besides and I love it. Ofcourse when I'm looking for a pattern and I know it's in there somewhere well when I get done ,everything is all over the place and I have to take a whole day just to get it back in order,LOLBut once you get looking at books and patterns you kind of get lost in the moment,LOL and you end up with a whole new pile of projects that you just have to do,LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I took all my books on beading and jewelry making and all my books and scrapbook paper off a big bookshelf in our office and packed it in boxes. Then I put a LOT of yarn on the shelves. Want to sew so need to get 6 big tubs of yarn out of this room so I can bring in tubs of material, patterns, ect. We have a 3 br 2 bath house and it's just 2 of us and still need more room. But I have a big portable bldg. with shelves and cabinets all mine. I just get lazy and don't want to walk there- it's close by- to get what I need. What I need seems to always be in the 'white house'. lol Sounds like I'm griping but I'm really not. Am very blessed to have so much 'stuff'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, stuff, and more stuff, lol. We have 2500 sq ft, 3 beds and 2 baths. When we moved here 18 years ago, just the two of us, I thought, oh my gosh, look at all the room, and closets, and cabinets! They are all crammed full, and I have now resorted to the plastic tubs of which you speak. Can you say, Pack Rat?
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a 5 bedroom house with a "hobby room" that is full of my grandmother's salt and pepper shaker collection, the room was added just for that purpose! LOL Two of the bedrooms were added over the years, we have been in this house for 50 years now and it is just crammed full of stuff. My grandmother's stuff, my mother's stuff and now mine too. I really need to go through and weed out stuff and have a HUGE yard sale LOL!!!! Two of the bedrooms are full of craft stuff and you can't even get into one of them. I know I know, it's sad to be so burdened with stuff but I have plans to get rid of a lot. I'm looking at selling the salt and pepper shakers, there are over 10,000 pairs, and then turning that room into a "craft room" with the sewing machines and shelves for the yarn and craft books. It's going to be a huge job but I think over time I can get it all done.
    Ok, now you've heard about our hoarding issues and I will shut up. LOL Wish me luck on my endeavors!!!
    Dinah