Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: question

Post Thanks / Like

question

Someone posted something about a yarn winder. What is a yarn winder?

Post Thanks / Like
    A cool gaget that winds yarn into a ball, found at most yarn shops, google yarn ball winder you'll come up with several in images on what available.

Post Thanks / Like
    does the yarn ball winder keep yarn from getting twisted or tangled?

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you heard of this?

or this? http://blog.shopmartingale.com/croch...n-in-knitting/
    (scroll down on this page and you will see a video called 'spit splicing' to join yarn
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 09-27-2013 at 10:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    does the yarn ball winder keep yarn from getting twisted or tangled?
    It creates a center pull skein of yarn that shouldn't have any tangles in it. As for twisting, I can't say it helps with that.
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    I have my personal yarn winder...He is sitting beside me watching TV and turning skeins of yarn into balls of yarn. So much easier to crochet from and you don't have to deal with yarn vomit. Yes, I'm spoiled.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Jean Marie, I heard of it and seen many pictures of it. Do you have a question, or just curious? Betty Lynn

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, perhaps you are thinking of my post about the Knit n Spin. It is much less expensive than a yarn ball winder and you don't wind your yarn into a ball. I posted pics in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. My brother makes the wooden part, then I do the sanding and sealing and add the foam spinners. It's very portable and can be used for any type of yarn, even the ruffle scarf yarns. I absolutely love mine (not only because my brother invented it) because there are no tangles, knots or yarn vomit. The yarn spins smoothly off the foam spinner as you work so there is no more pull the yarn, you can just keep working at your own pace and the yarn will come to you as you work. It's pretty cool. kathym2 posted about the knit n spin a few days ago after she got hers. If this is what you think you might have seen the posts about, you can let me know and i'll answer any questions you might have. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by seashells_Shelly View Post
    Jean Marie, perhaps you are thinking of my post about the Knit n Spin. It is much less expensive than a yarn ball winder and you don't wind your yarn into a ball. I posted pics in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum. My brother makes the wooden part, then I do the sanding and sealing and add the foam spinners. It's very portable and can be used for any type of yarn, even the ruffle scarf yarns. I absolutely love mine (not only because my brother invented it) because there are no tangles, knots or yarn vomit. The yarn spins smoothly off the foam spinner as you work so there is no more pull the yarn, you can just keep working at your own pace and the yarn will come to you as you work. It's pretty cool. kathym2 posted about the knit n spin a few days ago after she got hers. If this is what you think you might have seen the posts about, you can let me know and i'll answer any questions you might have. HUGS, Shelly
    Yes, that is what is what I was thinking about. How much was it? Was it $15? Private message me your address and I'll send you a check.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beatrice1953 View Post
    Yes Jean Marie, I heard of it and seen many pictures of it. Do you have a question, or just curious? Betty Lynn
    No, I don't have a question about it; I just never heard of it before.