Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: ? on Pattern

Post Thanks / Like

Red face ? on Pattern

Hi all: Seems to be wonderful and helpful group. Have been playing catchup on reading lots of interesting topics here. Lots of helpful hints also.

I found this patter on: Lacy Crochet Stocking | FaveCrafts.com.

Would luv to do it but can't seem to figure it out and was wondering if anyone here has done it. Thanks and have an awesome day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet (and knitting) forums! Glad you are here with us! Please make yourself at home and let us know if you need anything!

I have not personally done this pattern. Others will be along, too. Maybe someone here has and can help you out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty stocking, I've never done it but where are you having problems with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonO View Post
    Very pretty stocking, I've never done it but where are you having problems with?

Can't seem to figure out the pattern at all. Not sure if not reading it properly as tried different ways but with no luck.....rofl

The first part states:
    Foundation row: (RS). 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook. (Ch 5. Miss next 3 ch. 1 sc in next ch) twice. *Miss next ch. 5 dc in next ch**. Miss next ch. 1 sc in next ch. (Ch 5. Miss next 3 ch. 1 sc in next ch) 3 times. Rep from * once more, then from * to ** once. Turn.

1st row: Ch 3. 4 dc in first dc. *Miss next 2 dc. 1 sc in next dc. 5 dc in next sc**. (1 sc in next ch-5 sp. Ch 5) twice. 1 sc in next ch-5 sp. 5 dc in next sc. Rep from * once more, then from * to ** once. 1 sc in next ch-5 sp. Ch 5. 1 sc in next ch-5 sp. Ch 2. 1 sc in last sc. Turn.

Could be that where says Rep from * once more, then from * to ** once: have tried and figured ends with 5dc in last stitch; then when go to 1st row don't seem to have enough ch5s. Figure maybe thats where problem is but not sure......grin.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx Sharon

Post Thanks / Like
    I did as written and came up with this : Foundation row: 8-ch5 loops, 3 shells(5 dc), 11 sc. (Note: place marker on the 1st sc at beginning, as I found it got lost when I got back to it) Row 1: 6-shells, 5-ch 5 loops, 1-ch 2 loop, 12-sc. It looks weird but I think its right. I think her rep *'s is the confusion. Row 2: 7-shells, 6-ch5 loops, 11-sc. Is this clear as mud?haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx Sharon will give that a try, as I'm sure thats where I got confused is with the repeat section. Will let you know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Artsydeb. What is it that you are having trouble with? Is it an abbreviation that you are unfamiliar with? I have checked out the pattern and I like it too. I notice that the designer likes to use the word miss instead of the word skip or the abbrev. sk. I didn't see anything else in it that isn't standard crochet abbrev, but if there is a specific instruction, copy it to your next post and I will try to help you out with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Artsydeb. What is it that you are having trouble with? Is it an abbreviation that you are unfamiliar with? I have checked out the pattern and I like it too. I notice that the designer likes to use the word miss instead of the word skip or the abbrev. sk. I didn't see anything else in it that isn't standard crochet abbrev, but if there is a specific instruction, copy it to your next post and I will try to help you out with it.[/QUOTE]

No the miss, skip is not problem at all. Think I was expecting to see the 3open ch squares inbetween right away plus seem to have to keep reading each line very carefully.......lol

One thing that never say before is when she says rep from * once......(not sure how much to do after *) but ok with the one where says from * to **........rofl

Have attached what I've done so far..so maybe u can tell if on right track.....thx

Attachment 6214

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi artsydeb, yours look like my sample, I think you're on the right track. Are you using thread or yarn? It is a pretty color.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonO View Post
    Hi artsydeb, yours look like my sample, I think you're on the right track. Are you using thread or yarn? It is a pretty color.
    Sry in long time to respond Sharon but had power failure. Its yarn that I'm using thought would be super color for girl.

Deb

11. Likes SharonO liked this post