Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hello

does anyone know of a really, really easy beginner pattern for a winter hat? I would like to crochet one for my grandson (age 2) and my granddaughter (7).
    I have tried using the easy tutorials I have found on UTube, but even those are
    too complicated for me. I have a hard time using the single crochet stitch in rows 2 through the end. Can you use a double crochet stitch and then pull together at the top even though the pattern calls for a single crochet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dolores try Ravelry: Basic Beanie pattern by Busy Mom Designs this is an easy dc pattern for different size heads

to get the pattern click on the This pattern is available as a free Ravelry download

you will find it below the boxes
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, MsBhaven!! I will give it a try. Teaching myself isn't as easy as I thought it would be!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dolores here is a suggestion for learning to crochet videos as well How to Crochet Back to basics - YouTube Bethintx has a wonderful tutorial for basic crocheting and teaching the basics to include how to read a pattern.

This is where I went to learn to read a pattern
    Last edited by MsBhaven; 09-24-2013 at 07:00 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    MsBhaven, thank you so muich. I checked these videos out, and they are a great help.

Post Thanks / Like
    MsBhaven, I didn't find these tutorials on Utube before you suggested them. There are others, but they aren't as helpful.. thank you again.

Post Thanks / Like
    your welcome Dolores and if you need more help please let us know also Bethintx has some wonderful crochet alongs

Post Thanks / Like
    A good website to go to is AllFreeCrochet.com. They have several easy hat patterns. Happy crocheting.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolores Mary View Post
    does anyone know of a really, really easy beginner pattern for a winter hat? I would like to crochet one for my grandson (age 2) and my granddaughter (7).
    I have tried using the easy tutorials I have found on UTube, but even those are
    too complicated for me. I have a hard time using the single crochet stitch in rows 2 through the end. Can you use a double crochet stitch and then pull together at the top even though the pattern calls for a single crochet?
    Dolores, here is a link to a video on crocheting a basic beanie hat. You can make all sizes from the same pattern, for toddlers, children, and older kids. You only have to change your hook size to change the size of the hat. It's the first hat pattern I used, and I haven't found one I like better. You can watch the tutorial, and there is also a written pattern with pictures. It only uses double crochet and is very easy and quick to do.

Video:

Pattern:

Ravelry: Quick and Easy Basic Crochet Beanie pattern by Yolanda Soto-Lopez
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

10. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dolores Hi I see you have been well taken care of. GOOD just what you shoul always expect from CT that is if we can. Im just seeing this and I am amazed how many Videos I dont have. Glad you have help and I would love to see some Pics on any you do, others
    will to Im sure. Welcome and Have Fun....No mistakes just learning something (not to do or what to do ) HUGS Susan M J