Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Gift Ideas Needed for Unborn Great Nephew(My 1st!)

My very first great nephew will be born this month. I am so excited! I want to shower him with gifts that will be useful and delightful. So far, I am crocheting him a blanket in variegated yarn in white/olive green/slate blue. This is just the beginning!

Please share ideas that will make lovely gifts for this baby! I would appreciate ideas that can be bought or crocheted.

Thanking you in advance,
    ~Beverly~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well first, congratulations on the expected great nephew! Here is a really cute little thing that I've made recently a couple of times to go with baby blankets. It's called a blanket buddy, but really isn't a blanket, but a little "lovey" for the baby.

The pattern calls for using 2 strands of cotton yarn, but I didn't do that, just used one strand, and it turned out really cute. I made this with cotton yarn because if the baby puts it in their mouth, I didn't want them to get fuzzy fibers in their mouth. It would probably "look" very appealing made with a softer, fuzzy yarn, but I don't think it would be as safe or functional.

It only takes an afternoon for me to make these, which is a plus, too. Here is the link to the pattern:

Log In / Join the Lion Brand community to get free knitting and free crochet patterns and more!

One other thing, make a note if you decide to use this pattern - on the "blanket" rows, on Row 13 and 14, it says chain 10. It works out way better if you chain 20 on these rows where it says ch. 10.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

3. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beverly oh boy do I have some ideas for you

A binky holder they will save a small fortune in not having to buy more binkys ( this coming from a mom that lost 3 binkys in one day and had 3 sons)
    with winter coming soon booties to keep those little feet warm, a beanie and a pair of mittens
    I have crocheted little animal for a little one I did a set of colored fish a red blue yellow green orange purple and will add to that this week a white and black and at christmas will add a pink and gray I did these 2 at a time and started when the child was about 6 months old and gave them at different holidays. His mom really loves them. she uses them to teach him his colors They are just the right size for him to pick up and play with and if he throws them they will not break anything. he also has a do so I crocheted him a dog the same color as his real dog his mom and dad said that he is learning how to take care of his real dog by playing with his toy dog he wants to feed it when his real dog gets fed and his crocheted dog has had to go outside to go pee too.
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

5. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Beverly, How about Booties and hat that matches the blanket? Margaret.

7. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations on the new little one. I love the colors you described on the blanket in progress. Hope you will post a picture. One can never have enough blankets (at least I think so) so maybe another one in a favorite sport or hobby (for lack of a better word) of the parents. Also, he will need a Christmas stocking (if that is celebrated, I never know anymore and do not want to insult anyone). How about a little Halloween pumpkin? Just a thought.

LI Roe

9. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations!!! I have 2 great nephews that I got before I got grandchildren of my own. I only get to see them about once a year but they are really a handful!! Here are a few ideas: I make baby afghans but I also include a baby cocoon. Those are so easy to make and the parents I've found to be really happy to get them! Also, you could crochet animals and make it into a mobile to put up over the crib. Hats in various colors with booties to match too. I like the idea of a binky keeper too.
    Dinah

11. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How about onesies with feet to match the baby blanket you are making? I always like the idea of baby powder/lotion, oil, Desitin for little bottoms, thermometer, wet ones/baby wipes, newborn diapers; I just kind of go down the aisle and pick up what I like!!!! Hugs, Shirley

13. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ladies, thank you for the wonderful ideas! Your kindness is appreciated.(((Hugs)))~Beverly~

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    How about bibs for the different holidays? Can be bought or crocheted. I have also sent monthly birthday cards for the first year - Moms love it! May the new little one bring much joy to you ! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a picture frame that chronicles the first 12 months of life? Did that for my grandchildren and even the kids love them now to see themselves when they were so little? Shirley