Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  59
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Favorite Crochet Stitches - What Is Yours??

What is your favorite crochet stitch so far in your crocheting adventures? Would love to hear more about your favorites!

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't have a favorite so to speak. but i do find the startfish stitch and the moss stitch to be interesting stitches to work
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh, great question. I also really don't have one favorite. I like to do all stitches. With that said, I like basketweave (front post/back post), moss stitch also, one that I call bubble stitch only because I don't know the real name, it is the one used for the Lion Brand Hooded baby afghan, shell stitch, variations of the crossed stitch (depending on the pattern). Since I do a lot for charity organizations, I like to do different stitch patterns for the projects.

LI Roe

5. Likes Barbara G., seashells_Shelly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to like to crochet things that are simple to do, and involve repetition. Some might say that's boring, but I love it. For example, Going across rows on a ripple afghan is very calming to me. I also like the shell stitch, made with 5 DC's in one stitch. I just finished a baby blanket where you alternated rows of shell stitches and double crochet rows. It turned out very pretty, and was super easy to do.

Occasionally I will make something that requires paying very close attention to the directions, and changing with each row, but when I'm done with it, I am so happy to get back to my simpler things.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I think I like them all!!! Anything that's a challenge is good for me. I like to test myself to see how advanced I can go. I have done the Bavarian Stitch and really like that one pretty well too.
    Dinah

8. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It s delta stitch
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

10. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    It s delta stitch
    I hadn't heard of the delta stitch before your post. So i looked it up. It is a beautiful stitch. Thankyou for bringing it to my attention

12. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Believe it or not, my favorite stitch is the double crochet. I like it because you can add it to almost anything you are doing to add interest and break up a one stitch project. I discovered this for myself while making dishcloths using single crochet. after 5 rows, i added one row of double crochet, 5 single rows, one double row, etc. It was enough to make the dishcloth look fancy and I got so many compliments. I've added double crochet as an edging around many projects with wonderful results. Even though I really like pretty much every stitch I've tried, double crochet is still my favorite. HUGS, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    So the bubble stitch is called the delta stitch? very interesting. I like the bean stitch, too, which i'd never heard about until i watched the video on CT. The vast knowledge of the people on here is enough to keep me in stitches for the rest of my life.
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite stitch varies according to my project. I love the neat precise look of single crochet, but it takes time to build up a lengthy piece of fabric. Sometimes I use half-double crochet, just to move my project along a little faster. I also like the look of double crochet for lacier patterns. I'm in the process of re-learning Tunisian crochet which looks like knitting.

16. Likes Barbara G., little drummer liked this post