Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting to Know Each Other - Do You Knit?

Although most of this site is geared toward crochet, how many of you knit? Sometimes, members need help with knitting questions and it would be nice to know who on site is learning or loves to knit!

So, do you knit?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried several times through the years to learn to knit. For reasons unknown, I don't like doing it much. It just never sticks in my head. I made a scarf or two several years ago, and decided I would just stick to crocheting, appeals to me very much.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Annette I've tried knitting in the past and just can't get the hang of it. The yarn is always too tight on my needles so I stick with what I know and love...crochet.
    Dinah

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried knitting but the needles won't go the way I want them to

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to knit (still can cast on and do the knit stitch but the purl stitch escapes me) but I stopped when I couldn't figure out why I was increasing without trying and was getting frustrated. Turned out when I would yarn over I was splitting the yarn accidentally and making an extra stitch. I had already learned how to crochet so I kept on crocheting and it wasn't until I accidentally split the yarn again that the light bulb went off in my head and I knew what had happened in knitting. Too late, was totally hooked on crochet so I never went back to knitting, despite owning knitting needles and a few books.

Keep calm and crochet on.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I do knit. I want to make jacquard vest
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

9. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I knitted Years ago, made several afghan and a Poncho and hat for my daughter when she was young. Then I quit for years, and an Aunt made me a doily and I wanted to start making them so she taught me how to crochet and for years I only crocheted with thread until my stroke and had to switch to yarn.
    I enjoyed Knitting but just have to many crochet items I want to do.
    But i did enjoy it.

11. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I love to knit, and do a lot of it, Although I do find crocheting a lot quicker to finish projects. Each have there place with me and I can say I find them both equally enjoyable.....

13. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have knitted several things by hand, and have 2 knitting machines which goes faster than by hand, but no room in my small apt. to set them up, so I crochet all the time. Hopefully next Spring I'll move to a little larger place.

15. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been knitting since I was little girl. However, I never really got past hats, scarves and baby clothes. I am a person who needs to finish her project quickly or they get put away until I feel like working on them, sometimes for months. When I started to crochet, I felt alive. It is so much faster and the results are amazing. I started to crochet a hat that is flat (not in the round) and found myself feeling like I was knitting and pulled it all out and started a different project. I crocheted my very first sweater and it went really quickly. Now, all I have to do is sew it together. I am going to try doilies next. My mother was a fantastic knitter and made just about everything. Me, I never had that love for it but I can do it, most stitches.

17. Likes Barbara G. liked this post