Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Planting Fall (Autumn) Flowers??

Are any of you doing Fall/Autumn planting of flowers or the like? Love to hear some ideas from you! Thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not planting anything this fall, but I am waiting for my mums to bloom. Frankly, I'm surprised they lived. I did something very stupid last fall. I put a newspaper mulch down around that flower garden, and this spring we were inundated with earwigs. So I pulled up the newspaper and the few weeds that grew underneath the paper, but the earwigs had almost decimated the mums and bougainvillea. I have not been able to find a way to get rid of the earwigs (other than just cleaning up, but that only works so far). I have a "wishing well" planter with a bird of paradise plant in the middle. When I water, the earwigs climb up to the tip of the leaves. My guilty pleasure is changing the nozzle setting to jet and blowing those little nasty bugs right off the plant! But anyway, the mums have managed to grow and soon I will have beautiful yellow and burgundy blooms. And if anyone has a good idea to get rid of the earwigs, please let me know.

3. Likes Barbara G. liked this post