Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: I'm back

Post Thanks / Like

I'm back

I had just registered here and introduced myself when summer broke loose. It was a very busy time but not time for crocheting - too hot. I welcomed back all my bridge-playing friends from Fl and we played at every opportunity. But the best part of the summer was a visit from my grandson and his wife. They live in Port Orchard, WA and I hadn't seen them in 4 years. They were born and raised on the West coast and had never been to the East coast. I live on Cape Cod which is a summer resort area with a lot of history and fun things to do so we were on the go from morning till night for 5 straight days. I'm still recuperating but I had such a wonderful time that I wouldn't trade for anything.

The weather is quite nice here so I hope to get in some more beach days before it gets too cold. And I've taken out my crocheting; I'm making a purse which I really need so it's my priority project until complete.

Hope you had a nice summer and are enjoying the fall season.
    Andrea

2. Likes seashells_Shelly, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to have you back funnyface. I am sure that your grandson and his wife really enjoyed seeing the east coast and your area. Port Orchard is a beautiful place too. I am in Eastern WA, 3 1/2 hours east of Seattle. Just so happy you were all able to get together after so many years. Hugs, Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to have you back with us, and happy you enjoyed your summer. It does seem to me that crocheting goes well with fall and winter, sitting in a comfy chair on a cold day, with hot chocolate on hand and crocheting in your lap.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

5. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! Welcome back!!! You will have to share a pic of the purse when you get it done What pattern is it, do you have a link to share? Hugs
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back Andrea!
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see you again! Post some pictures of your work, when you have time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a wonderful place to live, Funnyface, and good to read of your happy Summer. Please do post pic of your purse and anything else you get into!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I think living by the sea would be perfect. I crochet all the time so I don't mind the heat. I wish my kids would come and stay with me but their lives are too full to do more than a day trip. My son does come for a few days but my daughter and the grands and greats don't. I moved from Nashville to live cheaper but I have lost touch with my family. So I guess life is a trade off sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Twinfaye, HI! (((Hug)))
    Indeed. Life is a trade off for sure. I also do not mind the heat and weened myself off air conditioning this summer for economic purposes. More showers and laundry though, which amount to higher water bills and there's that trade off. I think living by the sea sounds like a fairytale existence even though I am not a swimmer. I'd love it!
    Sorry you do not get to see your daughter and grands and greats. Are they still in Nashville and it is too far to Spencer? Now that the holidays are around the corner I bet they will be coming. Wonderful that your sweet son visits. Good for him!

Post Thanks / Like
    Will have some pictures soon.