Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hello!

Hello, I just wanted to thank you for taking me in your forum. I do not knit. But I have been crocheting, self-taught, for about 40 years and love it. Also, I am going to start quilting this winter as I have tons of fabric. I also have tons of yarn to finish projects I have started and projects I still want to do. LOL. I am married have a grown son and two grandchildren. As soon as I can figure out how to put a picture on here I have a great family picture. I live in Northern Michigan so I have plenty of time for crafts in the winter. Our first big freeze is tonight so that will take care of my flowers. My morning glories are so beautiful I am going to cover them. Hope it works. Thanks again for listening. Glad to join your forum and hope we can be friends.
    Hugs, Grammy Gail

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey grammy gail I live in south ga ---it is stll hot---welcome to ct. See yA bettybee

Post Thanks / Like

South GA

I once lived in MS for several years and loved it. Except dead middle of summer. Couldn't breathe. Beautiful state. Thanks for the howdy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to our group grammygail!!!! I'm in NW Florida and it's still in the 90's here! It's nice to have you here! I live with my mom that I take care of, she is 84, and she crochets all day long. I crochet, sew and make jewelry and just recently bought some crazy quilt books to look into that. Feel free to post pics of some of your creations when you get the chance too...we'd love to see them! Hugs, Dinah
    Dinah

5. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Dinah, Thanks for the welcome. We just had a big party last month for my Mom. It was her 90th b'day. She still lives alone and does all her own laundry and cleaning. Her health is great. We are so blessed. Hugs to you, Gail

Post Thanks / Like
    That's wonderful to hear about your mom, I'm so glad she is doing well. My mom is on a walker or she could do all her own stuff too. As it is, she is pretty self sufficient still, just can't carry anything and push a walker too. LOL
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Grammy Gail! I am Larisa. I live in Europe and make doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is a pleasure to meet you! We have a wonderful group of people here on site - please make yourself at home and let us know if you have need of anything. Feel free to post, ask questions, and share your projects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gail, glad you have joined us on CT. I am retired, 66 and have a son and daughter, and four grandchildren. We live in Eastern WA and it was 60 last night. Monday it was 95 and today is 72! Hubby's mom turned 93 in May. She is in an asst living facility in Denver. She used to be just like your Mom (and Dinah's) but after she fractured her pelvis and right shoulder a couple of years ago she has needed more help. I am so glad your mother is doing so well. What a blessing! Sounds like you have all kinds of projects planned. I crochet baby blankets for Project Linus. They give away approximately 250 blankets per month to hospitals, boys home, etc. Nice to meet you. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on in, grammygail, and join us. Wonderful to hear about your Mom Have a wonderful time here on CT.....so far as I know, we're a harmless bunch who love new friends. HUGS, Shelly from Lancaster Co., PA
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....