Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5

Thread: Scarfs

Post Thanks / Like

Scarfs

I am looking for an easy Sashay ruffle scarf~ There are a lot on u tube but nothing in writing
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    If you go to [url=http://www.redheart.com]Red Heart Yarn | Yarn, Knitting Patterns, Crochet Patterns[/url] and click on free patterns, the next screen will show a drop down menu on the right hand side. If you click on each line, you can choose the yarn, the project type, etc and it will come up with written patterns for the different sashay yarns. I am not good at posting links so I have to do it the long way. Hopefully, someone out there can get a link to post so you can see it even better. Sorry, not the most computer literate around but wanted to at least give you a head start.

LI Roe

3. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went to the Red Heart site like you suggested, L.I. Roe. Here is a link to the printed pattern for a crochet ruffled scarf with Sashay yarn. To tell you the truth, reading the pattern, it doesn't make much sense to me. I think you might have to watch the video and follow the pattern.

http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW2750.pdf
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your time and I am trying the red heart crochet one~
    I know it sounds odd that I would prefer written over the u tube~
    but thank you all for your info and for sharing!!♥♥

6. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I am an experienced crocheter and I also prefer written patterns too. I don't use the diagrams either, easier for me to just read a pattern.

In any case, have fun with it.

LI Roe

8. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Americantail View Post
    Thank you for your time and I am trying the red heart crochet one~
    I know it sounds odd that I would prefer written over the u tube~
    but thank you all for your info and for sharing!!♥♥
    I don't think it's odd - I do the same thing. I like to watch the video of something being made, but then I also like a written pattern to print out and have in front of me while I crochet. I don't want to just sit at my computer and try to crochet along. And L.I. Roe, I have no patience at all with the diagrams!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

10. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am so far out of the box on crocheting the sashay and starbella ruffle yarn scarves that I don't even crochet them. I found it easier for me to actually knit those kinds of rufffled yarns than crochet them. I did crochet them at first but then learned to knit for something my mother in law wanted made. I watched the Crochet Crowd on YouTube and he was knitting the sashay yarn. I figured, might as well try it. Now I find it easier to knit them. Yes, I am more than out of the box but just thought I'd share my experience with the ruffled yarns which I love so much that it lead to the invention of "The Original Knit n Spin". HUGS to all, Shelly
    The story of The Passion of Christ in one flower....

12. Likes MeerKat liked this post