Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Hi

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

I'm a new to computers, and too old to learn fast like my grand & greatgrand children. I,m from Wis.and married. Looking for a pattern for a potholder that is crochet around & around that turns out square & with a slit in middle to sew shut, Thanks for any help,

2. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand exactly what your are looking for but look at the forum page and look under the resources and links and see what we have on here. I would google this: crochet pattern for potholders and look at those. I have learned of a new thing that I love. Google has a thing called images and when you use this it brings up pictures of what you are looking for. All you do is type in google and then hit the button images and then put what you are looking for and you see pictures of the pot holders. Someone else may be abet to explain this better. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by learnallican View Post
    I'm a new to computers, and too old to learn fast like my grand & greatgrand children. I,m from Wis.and married. Looking for a pattern for a potholder that is crochet around & around that turns out square & with a slit in middle to sew shut, Thanks for any help,
    I know just what you're talking about. I have made lots of these. Let me look through my patterns and I will hook you up.

PS Welcome to the forums!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

5. Likes amanda liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Okie, dokie. Here is a link. Just click on it with your mouse, and it will take you to the blog page for this potholder pattern:

Crochet Potholder | The Boring Knitter

Wanted to add that so many folks say you can only use cotton yarn for potholders. People say if you use acrylic yarn for a potholder, it will melt. Not so! I did a bunch of research and found that acrylic yarn will do just fine. It has a much higher melting point than the heat from a pan from the oven or on the stove. I've made lots and lots of potholders from acrylic yarn, and it holds up great.
    Last edited by buggainok; 09-08-2013 at 07:20 PM.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

7. Likes ejatchison liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! I crochet doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Learnallican, the link that buggianok told you to click on , takes you right to the gal showing you how to make the pot holders. I have made these several years and every female at Christmas time gets one. Right now I am making them with a double strand of yarn so that they are thicker and they make a pad to put a hot pan on. And yes I use acrylic yarn all the time. The lady that showed me about them used different colors of yarn and they came out striped. They are something that I work on when I have to set for long hours at the doctor's. Good luck getting to the link, welcome to the gang of crocheters. Margaret.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, my name is Ellouise and I also will make potholders waiting at the doctors office. Sometimes I will make baby hats as they are easy and fast to work up.
    welcome to Crochet talk. and if you need any patterns just ask. everyone on here are friendly and willing to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. good to have you with us. I crocheted for 30 years and enjoy it

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forum! We are glad you are here with us! Make yourself at home here and let us know if you have need of anything!

13. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome to our big family of crocheters and so much more! I'm glad someone helped you! There is so much on here for you to learn and crochet! LOVE YOUR FRIEND MANDA!