Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Charm Bracelets

Post Thanks / Like

Charm Bracelets

Does anyone wear charm bracelets anymore? Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an old one from when my kids were young but I don't war it often. My daughter has a couple of those Pandora bracelets and she wear them a lot. I don't go anywhere to get dressed up. I do wear earring a lot but if I am staying home I just wear shorts and a top and no jewelry except for a watch which isn't dressy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faye: I have a Pandora bracelet too but the charms are spendy! I got a bracelet when we were in Berlin and have several German charms on it but it is thin and I always worry I will bend/ruin it. I am with you too, since I am not working now and don't often get out of jeans or shorts, I don't even wear my rings. I do wear earrings cuz I have two on the left and three holes on the right and you can see the holes clearly if I don't wear them. But nothing fancy or dangly!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    I have several charm bracelets...one was my mother's when she was a teenager and I just pull that one out and admire it now and then. It has charms that were engraved by who gave them to her which was mostly her uncles and her parents. So that one is really special to me. The other ones are just trinket type and I don't wear them anymore, but true to my nature, I hang onto them. LOL

5. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have one that I received for my 16th birthday from my parents and have a couple of charms given to me for my high school graduation. The closure needs to be adjusted since it is a little loose. I don't wear any of my good jewelry anymore since I am also retired but I do wear earrings (have triple pierced ears) to keep the holes open. And I wear my mom's amethyst and platinum ring since I no longer wear my wedding ring or engagement ring since my husband's passing.

When I do get dressed up for special occasions I wear either the good stuff or the fancy costume jewelry, depending on my outfit.

LI Roe

7. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I have no "good" jewelry so my costume jewelry is all I wear. I have misplaced (not saying lost so not to jinx it) my wedding rings and a birthstone ring that are "good" jewelry. I will keep my charm bracelet forever but it is not worth much to anyone but me.

9. Likes seashells_Shelly liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I wear mine-plus daughter gave me 2 Elvis charm bracelets that I love. They sure are conversation starters-everyone wants to look closer at the charms. I don't care for the Pandora type. My husband says everyone else looks so plain compared to me with my bright colors and jewelry! Even after 43 years together I liked that compliment!

11. Likes seashells_Shelly, DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not quite sure how to answer your question. I thought you were wondering if the charm bracelets were still popular. I haven't seen any on my GD's but one GD has a charm anklet. Really cute on her shapely leg. I personally wear very little jewelry now. I have nice pricey pieces but just don't wear them that often. When I was younger I wore it often- daily. Tastes change and I guess mine have.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a sterling silver one I wear. The charms are all the things I love- bees, hummingbirds, bells, dragons, butterflies,ladybugs, fairies, and a sacred heart medal. I love it and wear it all the time. Pam

14. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had one quite some time ago and someone stole it I still want a new one just haven't had the time to do it.
    Happy Crocheting