Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for patterns

I don't know where I saw it, but who posted it? I've been using Google for searching for years. Someone explained how to look using Google Images instead of just plain Google. I just won't to say thank you. I searched this morning for a meat carving tray. It was perfect to see pics to pick out exactly what I was looking for before bothering to click on details. So I just want to say thank you for the tip.
    Pam

2. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember that too but I am with you and I don't remember who it was! Two heads are not better than one in this case!!! lol I didn't follow the instructions but now that you say how it works I would love to know how to do it. Could you walk me thru it? I am not computer savvy or an idiot somewhere in between.

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to Google.com
    Up in the top left hand corner it says (I think) more, images, and a couple of other things (can't remember). Click on "images". The search bar that comes up looks the same, but you will be pleasantly surprised at the difference. It is a full page of small pics. Try that. Hope I explained it ok. And again whoever posted this idea first, many thanks.

5. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, it worked and I loved it, thanks stranger!!! And you to Pam!!

7. Likes buggainok liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a good way to find crochet patterns

I know there are lots of websites that have listings of crochet patterns, usually by name, which doesn't tell you much about the pattern. You have to go through the list, click to open the link, etc. Then you find out the name really didn't describe the item very well.

Here's what I do sometimes: Go to Google. Type in the name of what you are looking for, i.e. "crochet baby layette." Then click on Images in the top bar.

You will pull up pages and pages of pictures of that item. You can look at all the pictures, and if you like it, click on the picture and go to the page it is from. Frequently it will be someone's blog, and they will have the patterns, and instructions.

Be sure to put the term crochet in front of the name of what you are looking for, i.e. crochet dishcloth, crochet sweater, etc.

So many times a pattern that you find doesn't have the picture with it, and I like to see the picture to go with the pattern.

Posted originally by buggainok
    Last edited by DinahRoberts; 09-02-2013 at 05:30 PM. Reason: adding a name

9. Likes buggainok liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DinahRoberts View Post
    Here's a good way to find crochet patterns

I know there are lots of websites that have listings of crochet patterns, usually by name, which doesn't tell you much about the pattern. You have to go through the list, click to open the link, etc. Then you find out the name really didn't describe the item very well.

Here's what I do sometimes: Go to Google. Type in the name of what you are looking for, i.e. "crochet baby layette." Then click on Images in the top bar.

You will pull up pages and pages of pictures of that item. You can look at all the pictures, and if you like it, click on the picture and go to the page it is from. Frequently it will be someone's blog, and they will have the patterns, and instructions.

Be sure to put the term crochet in front of the name of what you are looking for, i.e. crochet dishcloth, crochet sweater, etc.

So many times a pattern that you find doesn't have the picture with it, and I like to see the picture to go with the pattern.

Posted originally by buggainok
    Thank you for giving me credit, Dinah. I'm glad people are liking this tip to use the image search feature on Google.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

11. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Of course Annette!! I just happened to run across the original post again after reading this thread and decided to cross post it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well thanks, Annette. I tried it and I was very happy with what I found.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Faye, we finally found who originally posted it. Learned something new about Google. Thank you Annette and Dinah for reminding us.

15. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post