Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Hello from Jacksonville, FL

Hi, my name is Catherine. I live in Jacksonville, FL. I have been crocheting since I was nine years old. Let's say that was around the time the Beatles came into popular music and culture. I have learned how to do Tunisian crochet and work on small projects such as pot holders and scarves. Right now it's too hot to work on a larger project.

My husband likes to go to the local baseball games, so I turn it into a stitch and pitch event. Even if the team loses, I leave with a project well underway. Also, others at the game always ask what I am doing with such a large (Tunisian) hook.

I look forward to sharing and learning from others on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Europe! It s nice to meet you Catherine. My name is Larisa. I make doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Catherine! Glad you've joined us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

We are glad you joined us here on Crochet Talk! Please make yourself right at home here and let us know if you have need of anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to crochet talk from Pa. I have crocheted for over 30 years and enjoy it very much

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Catherine-I have a nephew who lives and has his own business in J'ville. I do my large projects on my dining room table in hot weather. In fact,I just completed my largest afghan ever-it measures 116"long by 62" wide. It's a Christmas gift for a family friend who is 6'7" tall. Regular size just doesn't cover him up! Can't wait until he sees it. Glad to have you join us! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome crifkin! Glad you joined us. Everyone is so helpful on this forum, I'm sure you will have a fun time here. I live in Winter Haven, FL
    Katie
    Judge each day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Catherine: Welcome to CT. I am 66, retired and have four grandchildren. I crochet baby blankets for Project Linus mostly. I am glad you have joined our group! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Imalefty: Can't wait to see the huge afghan. I bet it is amazing!!! Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Catherine! Welcome to our group here...I live in Pensacola and my brother and his family live in Jax...I hope you enjoy it here!!!