Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6

Post Thanks / Like

Color and Lot Number

help! I crocheted a baby afghan using one lot number of lavender and of course I ran out of yarn. I was unable to find the same lot number at Hobby Lobby which is only place they carry Baby Bee yarn. So I got different lot and I didn't realize there was a distinct difference in color. Is there any way I could lighten the darker color? Appreciate any suggestions.

2. Likes amanda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, here is what I personally would do, rip out the darker color and use it as a border around the outside. Hugs, Dinah

4. Likes Magnolia Blossom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    NaniRose, Have you started the darker color yet? I would sit down and have a few words to say then get some white yarn and put about ten rows of that . then go to the bottom of the afghan and crochet 10 rows there . will that make your afghan long enough with the border? If so use the darker yarn and put a pretty, wide border on it and it will look like it was suppose to be made with 3 colors. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forum! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you here on site with us! Looks like you have already gotten some ideas for you color/lot challenge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas transplant View Post
    NaniRose, Have you started the darker color yet? I would sit down and have a few words to say then get some white yarn and put about ten rows of that . then go to the bottom of the afghan and crochet 10 rows there . will that make your afghan long enough with the border? If so use the darker yarn and put a pretty, wide border on it and it will look like it was suppose to be made with 3 colors. Margaret
    Necessity is the mother of invention - Great Idea!
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    What color is the afghan? Welcome to Crochet Talk and Welcome to all the new members!

Post Thanks / Like
    Use the light for the body and the darker for the border. Welcome from Pa

Post Thanks / Like
    is there such a thing as a lifeline, similar to the one in knitting? If so, this might be a good thing to have for the next time.........