Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: over 80

Post Thanks / Like

over 80

Hey every one---does anyone here have a lot of energy? It seems like I have to make myself get up and do things. I clean once a week --- do 4 loads of laundry a week I have to keep sitting down between chores---- is it me or does everyone have this problem-------- youall have a good day betty bee

Post Thanks / Like
    BettyBee: I think I sit and rest because I can! I work a little, rest a bit, crochet, read, and then do a little chore. It is so nice not to have to do it all at once and we can do one bit per day and get it done mostly. It is wonderful at our ages to be able to do just what we want! Good for you girl! Shirley

3. Likes buggainok, DinahRoberts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Lili is right, BettyBee. We seniors deserve to do things on our own time, after marching along all those years doing what we had to do on a schedule.

I'm like Lili, I spread my chores out and rest and enjoy myself with crochet, TV, or reading in between. I do try to plan several errands when I get out in the car - saves gas and my time to do several things in one trip.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm like the Energizer Bunny, constantly on the go, though at 61 1/2 do slow down at times but usually not. I am either walking, running up and down the basement stairs and get cleaning fits at 10pm at night. Hanging laundry outside or in the basement during the winter months when I can't put them outside, gardening, etc. I do sit and crochet and veg out though. Right now it is what keeps me going.

LI Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just like you, Roseanna, I could not sit still for years. After I broke my hip and at 66 now, I find I am slowing down and realizing that tomorrow will come and if I sit and watch Dr. Phil it is OK. Shirley

Post Thanks / Like
    Annette: I think I have been out and about more the last week as my daughter has had a few afternoons/days off with the children starting school etc. I usually go once per week to get groceries and run errands and pretty much putter away the rest of the days. I can't wait until Dr. Phil's new season programs start. I get sick of the reruns but it is like I have to have my fix!!!! Shirley