Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Easy hat pattern for boys

Hi, I am wondering if anyone might have an easy pattern for crocheting boys hats? My grandsons are 10 and 8, and almost as big as I am , so maybe need men's pattern? I have done a lot of doilies , dish cloths, table cloths,,but never any type of clothing. My grandsons say they would like a hat, so I am going to give it a try. I tried one pattern last winter, but it didn't turn out very good, so if you have an easy to follow pattern, I would really appreciate it. Thank you all so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ravelry: Minion Hat pattern by Crochet by Jennifer

This is a pattern for a minion hat from the movie Despicable Me. But you could just make the hat in any color you wanted. I am making them now and they are super easy and comes in sizes newborn to adult! I hope this helps you!

Post Thanks / Like

thank you

I will check it out!Thank you so much!

Post Thanks / Like
    You're so welcome, I'm glad I could help. Also they should be warm too because they are all sc but work up really fast! Hugs, Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Dinah, that looks like a neat pattern.

Justlinda, Here is another basic beanie pattern that I've used to make many hats. It is crocheted in rows, and not in spiral rounds, which I find easier to keep track of. It uses double crochet stitches, so it goes really fast. Also, you can change the size of the hat by just changing the size of your crochet hook. Directions are in the pattern and very easy to follow. Here is a link:

Ravelry: Quick and Easy Basic Crochet Beanie pattern by Yolanda Soto-Lopez

I've made these for my granddaughters, and added a crochet flower. For the boys, I usually add a stripe of another color near the bottom. Also, this is an advantage of a pattern made in rows, and not spirals. You can easily add a stripe with another color. When you are working in spirals, the stripes don't meet up.
    Last edited by buggainok; 08-25-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, buggainok,,, I'm going to check this out as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, if you will search hat or hats in the search box here on site, you will find all threads related. There are lots of resources listed here on site to direct you to some nice places for patterns.

8. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for that info Barbara. I will do that