Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hangers

Post Thanks / Like

Hangers

Hello everyone. I am on the hunt again, and this time I am looking for a pattern for plastic hangers. I have approx. 100 of them and I plan on "prettying" them up and give them away as xmas gifts. Are there any great patterns out there please???

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a tutorial for making covers with single crochet. Looks pretty simple, and turns out nice:

Covered Hangers | Crafty Gardener
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Please let us know if you need anything else!

Post Thanks / Like
    You got me interested in crochet coat hanger covers, so I've been looking around the internet. A couple of patterns I found - they used a yarn needle and yarn and sewed the cover around the hanger, instead of single crocheting it together. That might be a quicker method than crocheting it together.

I found a pattern on Ravelry that is similar to the one I posted, but much more complicated, and the end result looks nearly the same.

Here is the pattern on Ravelry:

Ravelry: Simple Hanger Cover - Crochet Version pattern by Sherry L. Farley
    Annette

Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay! Wanted to report back on the progress of crocheting covers for plastic hangers. When it comes to crochet, I am like a duck, and wake up in a new world everyday, lol.

So today I am in the world of covers for hangers. I am nearly through with a cover using the Ravelry pattern I posted. After I read it through, I realized it was not complicated at all. At first I was looking at the instructions for spiral, which is more complicated.

She also has directions for "flat" which is basically just half-double crochet back and forth. Using half-double crochet is better I think, than the other pattern which is single crochet. Since half-double crochet is a longer stitch, you only need to make 3 rows, instead of 4. Easier and quicker. I had some leftover multi-color yarn which is turning out really cute.

Oh, and in the Ravelry pattern, there is a typo in Row 1 for the flat version. She says, Ch 11, which should be Ch 110. Quite a difference, lol.

Thank you, Tender, for posting this great idea. I'm going to make some sets of 6 of these covered hangers for Christmas gifts!
    Annette

Dalai Lama

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
    Here is a tutorial for making covers with single crochet. Looks pretty simple, and turns out nice:

Covered Hangers | Crafty Gardener
    Thanks for the link to the pattern on my site. I also have another crochet covered coathanger pattern here
    Crochet Covered Coathangers | Crafty Gardener
    Linda aka Crafty Gardener

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
    Okay! Wanted to report back on the progress of crocheting covers for plastic hangers. When it comes to crochet, I am like a duck, and wake up in a new world everyday, lol.

So today I am in the world of covers for hangers. I am nearly through with a cover using the Ravelry pattern I posted. After I read it through, I realized it was not complicated at all. At first I was looking at the instructions for spiral, which is more complicated.

She also has directions for "flat" which is basically just half-double crochet back and forth. Using half-double crochet is better I think, than the other pattern which is single crochet. Since half-double crochet is a longer stitch, you only need to make 3 rows, instead of 4. Easier and quicker. I had some leftover multi-color yarn which is turning out really cute.

Oh, and in the Ravelry pattern, there is a typo in Row 1 for the flat version. She says, Ch 11, which should be Ch 110. Quite a difference, lol.

Thank you, Tender, for posting this great idea. I'm going to make some sets of 6 of these covered hangers for Christmas gifts!
    Thanks for the pattern, much appreciated. And yes, this is a good way of creatively getting rid of those excess hangers.

8. Likes buggainok liked this post